Fun Stuff ... WILL IT WORK AGAIN?

by JimT, Texas, Friday, January 20, 2023, 17:43 (609 days ago)

My nephew was out shooting in the desert and found this. He boxed it up and sent it to me.

[image]

[image]

I stuck in a pan of penetrating oil and let it soak for several weeks. Since then I have been taking it out about once a week or so and messing with it.

[image]

[image]
HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON ARMS CO
WORCHESTER MASS USA

[image]
AUTO EJECTING .38 S&W ? ?

After about 4 weeks ...

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]
THE SPRING STILL WORKS!!

[image]

Since that time the hammer now moves freely. My next hurdle is getting the screws and pins out so I can clean the internals and see what needs to be replaced.

I believe the chambers can be polished and bore has rust at the muzzle that will need to be removed and polished. Who knows? It may work again! Maybe .....

Fun Stuff ... WILL IT WORK AGAIN?

by Paul ⌂, Friday, January 20, 2023, 18:50 (609 days ago) @ JimT

Looks like a fun project. :-) I've gota similar condition Walther air rifle in the "shed", but there's really not much I can do with it because some bubba did his thing on it and I ain't got a machine shot to make new parts with. It'll be interesting to see how yours progresses!

Keep us informed

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 21, 2023, 09:13 (608 days ago) @ JimT

Impressive!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, January 22, 2023, 12:43 (607 days ago) @ JimT

I’m surprised that you were able to free it up as much as you did. Also surprised to see the bore as clean as it is. Interesting that the hammer was cocked back. Was it loaded? Or partially loaded? If so, you c9ud come up with some fun stories. Gunfight losers handgun. Got the hammer cocked back but got shot and dropped it…. Something fun like that!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

RSS Feed of thread