I thought this forum had gone inactive

by AkRay, Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 22:30 (667 days ago)

I see that JimT has kept it going, almost single-handed. I'm glad to see it's still here.

I can post here what I might not post other places.

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 06:39 (667 days ago) @ AkRay

:-)

Like the time my wife and I were butchering some black bears in the kitchen. I had this skinned ... cleaned carcass with no head or paws laying on the floor and my Dad came to see what was going on. He said, "Do you mind if I cut off some meat and try it?" and I told him to go ahead. So he got out his knife and cut off a small slab of meat and started frying it on the stove.

We continued working on the bear and soon Dad was chewing on the meat. I stood up and looked down at the bear carcass and said, "Amazing how that looks almost human. What if that is a big old Indian instead of a bear?"

Dad kept eating and said, "Too late now!" :-D

LOL! "Long pig"

by JohnKDM, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 07:52 (667 days ago) @ JimT

People really can't say for certain what they have, or haven't, eaten - not unless they have prepared every morsel of food they ate. Years ago, some of us from work would eat at a Chinese buffet every Friday; then it was busted for having various small animals and pets in the freezer... the owners swore those were for their own consumption, not the restaurant, but they weren't convincing.

LOL! "Long pig"

by Jared, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:06 (667 days ago) @ JohnKDM

Just imagine what Roger has eaten on his travels.

Indeed! No doubt he as a robust and diverse collection of

by JohnKDM, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:30 (667 days ago) @ Jared

bugs in his guts - a good thing for a world traveler to possess.

Indeed! No doubt he as a robust and diverse collection of

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:53 (667 days ago) @ JohnKDM

[image]

Not very active is a better description. :-)

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:20 (667 days ago) @ AkRay

We've been here since... whenever we decided to give up the disk.sewer forum and switch over to a user funded on relatively private server forum. Most of us have contact on FB, leverguns and other places as well.

[image]

Not very active is a better description. :-)

by Murphy @, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 10:13 (667 days ago) @ Paul

True about not being as active as it once was. However, it's the first site I visit when I get online. As best as I can tell, I've been on this board from back around 2005 (if not a couple years earlier).

Seems a lot of us moved to social media or other sites and stay in touch. I am liking that the traffic is picking back up here. And, Jim's stories are always a pleasure to read. Hopefully, others from days past will drop by and see were still alive and kickin'.

Murphy

RSS Feed of thread