Followup on Stainless Ruger Old Army for Sale

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, September 23, 2022, 19:12 (728 days ago)

For sale by one of our club members is a Ruger Old Army, stainless, 7½". It has all the original papers, tool and box in the original shipping box. He is asking $1100. It IS still available. I suppose you can contact me for contact info if you are truly interested. It is in great condition. Although it has been fired 12 times you would be hard pressed to tell.

e-mail to sfc1973to2001 at yahoo dot com IF you do send a message, pls say so here so that I can ensure it doesn't get lost in the spam filter.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by JT, Friday, September 23, 2022, 23:05 (728 days ago) @ Hobie

[image][image][image][image]

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 24, 2022, 08:49 (727 days ago) @ JT

I'd never seen a "Buntline" Ruger Old Army before. Fascinating! Back in the day I ran standard factory stainless ROA with everything from FFFg to "Cartridge Grade Pyrodex" (the only thing I could get my hands on at the time) and later used it with Especial de Caça. That last experiment would have gone fine if I'd not used the Wonderlube or whatever black powder lubricant was on hand. The Ruger Old Army is a stout, well built, accurate revolver. Next summer perhaps I'll get a chance to shoot the one I got from Cable again.

Followup Photos

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 20:19 (724 days ago) @ Hobie

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread