'81 Square-Body Chevy C10 and the Mouse Nest

by AaronB, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 07:07 (731 days ago)

So, after not needing the heater/defroster in my old Chevy C10 for a while, imagine my surprise this rainy morning when I fired up the old truck and attempted to clear the condensation off my windshield.

An interesting thing happens when mice have built a nest in your heater box... the nest, redolent of mouse pee, will act as a big Airwick in the vent, blowing Eau do Rodent into the cab for your enjoyment during the ride to the diner.

And that is why I was driving in the rain with the window down this morning.

Now I have to figure out how to clear it. [sigh]

-AaronB

A good friend in Mozambique had a Toyota Surf SUV ..

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 07:35 (731 days ago) @ AaronB

He and his family took 2 months and went back to the States to visit relatives and rest a bit. When they came back they tried to start their car and it was dead. Inspection revealed mice had moved in, raised families, and fed themselves on the wiring. The entire instrument panel had to be rewired. Turns out the plastic coating of the wires was made from SOYBEAN!! The mice Mom's had raised some healthy children.

They never did fully get the smell out ......

A LOT of chili

by AaronB, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 07:42 (731 days ago) @ JimT

Clearly I'm going to have to eat a lotta chili and drive that truck to mask the mouse odor.

#worththesacrifice

A LOT of chili

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 08:15 (731 days ago) @ AaronB

[image]

A good friend in Mozambique had a Toyota Surf SUV ..

by JT, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 18:55 (731 days ago) @ JimT

I had a fire in my Bronco from leaves which had accumulated under the hood.

'81 Square-Body Chevy C10 and the Mouse Nest

by E Sisk, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 15:12 (731 days ago) @ AaronB

Maybe, after you clear out the nest, leave a chunk of Irish Spring behind in the heater box???

Pulled the tranny from my Jeep YJ to change the clutch.

by cas, Tuesday, October 04, 2022, 20:55 (717 days ago) @ AaronB

Mouse house.

[image]

A couple days later I cut open the frame to removed the rusted out belly pan mounting bolts and to weld in repairs. Mouse house.

[image]

[image]

RSS Feed of thread