Ruger Stanless Old Army

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, September 04, 2022, 19:29 (747 days ago)

If anyone is looking for the subject gun, made I think in 1981 and sold as new that same year I'm pretty sure I know of one for sale. Gun looks new but isn't but was properly cleaned and put away in the safe in 1981. Original box, all the papers, nipple wrench AND the little paper envelope the nipple wrench was packed in AND the shipping sleeve AND all the sales receipts.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ruger Stanless Old Army

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, September 04, 2022, 20:19 (747 days ago) @ Hobie

I've got one that I picked up from Cable a few years back. Reminds me of the one I had "back in the day" before I quit using alternative loading materials. :-D That sounds like a nice one indeed. I know they are highly sought after by many, hope it finds a loving home.

Learn something new everyday...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 10:08 (745 days ago) @ Hobie

I'd no idea that Belt Mountain makes a quick change base pin for the Ruger Old Army. $75 gets you the "kit". You can order a cartridge conversion from Howell, Kirst or Taylors and Company and convert your ROA into a "cowboy loads only" cartridge gun... Some of them even offer fluted cylinders if you roll that way and both stainless and blued are available. None of them, however, offer a gated conversion with ejector rod. Methinks I'll stick to my Ruger Blackhawks for cartridge use, but the idea of the conversion is intriguing.

This is the one I would like to have ..

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 10:35 (745 days ago) @ Paul

Cimarron 1862 Pocket Navy in .380 ACP
[image]

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 10:39 (745 days ago) @ JimT

That does indeed look like a handy little popper. It'd make a great companion to my little 410 with the 380 liner in it. That 410 was a real hoot with 140 grain TC lead hand loads in it. It wasn't up to the rams on the Hunter Silhouette range, but showed promise up close. That little 1862 looks like it might be able to handle such "out of spec" handloads as well.

Neat!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 10:57 (745 days ago) @ JimT

I had forgotten about that one.

by JT, Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 23:01 (744 days ago) @ JimT

cut mine back to 4"--even better

Yep. I would too.

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, September 07, 2022, 09:18 (744 days ago) @ JT

:-D

Ruger Stanless Old Army - Update

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, September 08, 2022, 22:11 (742 days ago) @ Hobie

I will contact the seller to get an update and answers. Apologize for not responding sooner, been a bit busy around here and I didn't get back to the board as I intended to.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread