Sunday Message ..

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, April 10, 2022, 12:46 (894 days ago)

Sometimes We Forget

One night some years ago I was dreaming and in the dream Papa God was talking to me. I remember he showed me David's sling. You know David? The one who killed the giant? Well, in the dream all I saw was the sling .. like this one:

[image]

As I looked at it I heard these words: “This is not a weapon. This is a tool. David was the weapon!”

When I woke up the dream was still very vivid and as I thought about it I realized several things. One is that we usually get the weapon and the tool confused. Second, I realized I was stressing over a tool that needed fixed (my vehicle) and I was letting the weapon (me) get rusty!

How often do we forget the weapon and concentrate on the tool? As human beings I would venture to guess that it is far too often. I want to remind myself and encourage you to take care of the weapon first. No matter how it applies in our lives, if we don't take care of us, we will not have the proper response when the time comes to use the tool.

David did not have to prepare to use the tool when it came time to do so. He was ready, spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. When we forget that we are the weapon all those components will be sadly out of condition. If we neglect any of those then whether we recognize it or not, we are still out of condition.

The dream was a wake-up call to me concerning my condition and the problem I was dealing with. Papa God is good about looking after us, whether we realize it or not, whether we believe it or not. I paid attention and can tell you that it's worth it.

Sunday Message ..

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, April 11, 2022, 08:03 (893 days ago) @ JimT

Thank`s Jim for posting:-D :-D

Sunday Message ..

by Frank S, Monday, April 11, 2022, 09:27 (893 days ago) @ JimT

Thanks. I like the image this creates.

Enjoyed that.......nt

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:25 (892 days ago) @ JimT

RSS Feed of thread