Marlin 1894

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, March 11, 2022, 22:30 (924 days ago)

[image]
Had a moment of weakness, I’ve wanted a 32-20 lever action for a few years now. Of course this is going to force me to get my convertible Blackhawk a new front sight.

Dave

Nice!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, March 12, 2022, 08:29 (923 days ago) @ Dave B

I really regret not picking up a .32-20 (or .32 Mag) when they were available and reasonable.

Marlin 1894 Nice. A high class problem!

by Mike P @, Saturday, March 12, 2022, 12:33 (923 days ago) @ Dave B

--
AKA zzr7ky

Marlin 1894

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, March 13, 2022, 17:38 (922 days ago) @ Dave B

Thanks!

Lots of fun right there!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, March 18, 2022, 06:24 (917 days ago) @ Dave B

Have to use rifle primers for mine due to firing pin protrusion. I use Unique and the Lyman 3118 bullet. Used the Ludwig system to replace the cross-bolt safety and mounted a Williams FP sight. The Skinner sight was not available at that time.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Still Smiling

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, March 19, 2022, 21:17 (916 days ago) @ Hobie

I took advantage of the later daylight yesterday, skipped the after work brew with my buddy, and ran out to the nearest shooting spot. I’m still smiling, I understand why this was such a popular cartridge, so much fun to shoot. I need to put it on a bench with bags before I judge the accuracy, the cast bullets and AA9 were good, the XTPs over Unique were good, and the XTPs over AA9 were decent. The XTPs over 300-MP were good, but too warm, will back that off by at least half a grain. I am going to spend some time trimming brass and doing better case prep. I shot all of the powder coated cast bullets before shooting the jacketed just so I didn’t have to worry about copper fouling. I really think a Skinner sight will help, I just am not used to the Buckhorn style sights.

Dave

RSS Feed of thread