Hoot's Medical Adventures---Part...I forget

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, January 17, 2022, 20:23 (977 days ago)

Update and prayer request, please.

Melodie and I have trips planned for mid-April (CSA), end of May (hog hunt) and mid-June. We have been trying to schedule any treatments in such a way so we can make our trips. I think we have figured it out...at least tentatively.

We are going ahead with liver surgery on 25JAN as originally scheduled. About 10-ish days later, we'll go in for a PET scan to see what's what. About 10-ish days after that, we'll go in for the initial radiation exam where I get fitted out with the 'mask' I'll have to wear for radiation treatments on my neck. The following week, we'll begin the actual radiation treatments. They are still scheduled for 7-1/2 weeks (every day--yuck).

Assuming everything goes according to plan, we'll be done around the first week in March, which gives me around 2-1/2 to 3 weeks to recover before we head to Arkansas for CSA. I'll probably still be less than 100% but I should be on the up-swing. Our other trips should find me in fine shape.

Word of caution...everything depends on how I react to surgery, how quickly I recover and how I respond to radiation. I am confident (and stubborn) but, in any case, both Melodie and I are satisfied with our decision.

As always, thank you all so much for the support and encouragement we've enjoyed all through this ordeal.

Hoot

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Monday, January 17, 2022, 22:38 (977 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers continue. Looking forward to seeing you in April and in June.

We’ll be praying, brother

by mcassill, Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 04:58 (976 days ago) @ Hoot

by jgt, Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 07:59 (976 days ago) @ Hoot

done

Prayers sent and God Bless you.

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 09:15 (976 days ago) @ Hoot

Mike , been thinking about you lately . I hope And Pray everything go`s your way.:-D

Prayers continue...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 16:42 (976 days ago) @ Hoot

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Thanks for the update Hoot.

by Murphy @, Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 22:16 (976 days ago) @ Hoot

Keeping you in my prayers Mike.

Murphy

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, January 20, 2022, 04:07 (974 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers continuing for you both! Thanks for keeping us updated.

If any of your trips have you headed through Indy, you are welcome to stop and rest here. We’ll have food, drink, a comfy couch, some boring conversations and a back yard for the pup to run in!

Take care of yourself, you two!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by E Sisk, Friday, January 21, 2022, 03:06 (973 days ago) @ Hoot

- No text -

by E Sisk, Friday, January 21, 2022, 03:10 (973 days ago) @ Hoot

- No text -

by E Sisk, Friday, January 21, 2022, 03:12 (973 days ago) @ Hoot

by Mike P @, Friday, January 21, 2022, 09:21 (973 days ago) @ Hoot

Prayers continue!:-)

--
AKA zzr7ky

Mike, I hope everything went well for you...

by pokynojoe, Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 16:51 (968 days ago) @ Hoot

Keeping good thoughts for you throughout

RSS Feed of thread