.32 Winchester Special

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Saturday, December 18, 2021, 15:53 (831 days ago) @ AaronB

I don't load the .32 Winchester, but I do have a Remington 141 in .32 Remington, which is essentially the same cartridge without a rim, although there are minor dimensional differences. Reloading data seems interchangeable. I use Hornady 170 grain flat points in it, because that's what the local gun shops had available when oddball stuff was still on the shelves. I'd certainly consider the Hornady 165 grain FTX bullets if I could find them, but I'd want to make sure cartridge OAL would be short enough to work through the action.

If there's a nickel's worth of difference in the effective range and killing power of a .30-30, a .30 Remington, a .32 Winchester and a .32 Remington, I sure have never been able to find it. I don't pretend to know what the manufacturers were thinking when they offered so many similar cartridges, but they must have had their reasons and all of them sold well enough to last for decades. Not a bad result.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread