Caleb Giddings Shoots for thre US Air Force Team. an SP

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 21:18 (871 days ago) @ Paul

He now teaches weapons training to Airmen.

"O​ne of the big takeaways I had from the 2021 Revolver Roundup can be summed up in one word: context. For example, if you'd asked me 5 years ago about the loose cartridge reload method Chuck Haggard is hand-modeling in this photo I'd have confidently stated it was dumb, and been confidently wrong.
15 years ago, at the very beginning of my concealed carry journey, I was convinced that the absolute best way to carry was a magnum caliber revolver carried behind the hip in an OWB holster under a vest, jacket, or open front T-shirt. 9ish years ago I was convinced that the absolute best way to carry was a small, compact semi-auto like an M&P Shield or Kahr in an appendix holster. 5ish years ago I was convinced the best way to carry was a full size service caliber semi-automatic in an AIWB holster. Now I'm convinced the best way to carry is with a gun you can shoot well in a carry position that is contextually appropriate for your circumstances and mission.
Having a better grasp of context doesn't mean that I don't think some things are better than others, though. I still think small of the back carry is a bad idea across the board, and I still think that generally speaking, AIWB is the most optimal way to carry a concealed firearm. But the longer I do this, the more I appreciate how important context is, and how that context can and should influence your choices from what gear you carry, to how you carry it.
O​f course, context doesn't matter if you lack the appropriate information to create that context, but that's a post for a different time."

[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread