Home today. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers foks!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 16:14 (882 days ago)

Surgery was scheduled Friday to last about 7 hours. They were to remove some of the colon and probably some bladder wall. In the end, we were tied up for 11 hours in which they completely removed the bladder as well as the prostrate and a section of colon. I was awake and sitting in bed at around 8:30 pm or so....sore but not really in pain. Most of Saturday is blurry but we did "get to" go for a walk...about 30 feet to the end of the hall and back. Tuckered me right out.

Sunday, was better. I had quite a bit more energy and walked twice. The first stroll was about twice as far as my first walk and the second started out like a foot race with my button-cute nurse. We made a lap around the floor. I was spent but felt good.

Monday, we talked about discharge but I had concerns with making the stairs at my home so we were going to work some stairs into the routine. I got about halfway down the hall and told my nurse, "This ain't gonna happen." I had no energy left.

We waved off the discharge and put in a bunch more exercise today; including stairs. No real issues today. So we decided I could go home and chase Miss Melodie around the house a bit.

There's been no real pain throughout this whole procedure which has been weird (but I'm grateful). There are a few new things and routines to get used to but nothing earth-shaking.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We are truly blessed to have such fine friends.

Hoot

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread