When this is all over with..............

by Bob Hatfield @, Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 06:56 (1137 days ago)

I plan to keep at least 5000 primers of all types in stock at all times in the future.

And to keep at least a 1000 rifle bullets of all my shooting calibers in stock

I vow to buy 8 pound jugs of Bullseye, Unique, 2400, and IMR 4350, 4064, 4895.

Just as soon as it becomes available and the prices return to normal or something close to normal I will keep my vows.

I'm not in as bad a shape in reloading supplies as some guys are but I am not ready for this shortage to go on more than 2 years. I'll have to conserve for sure.

I have plenty of Black Powder, Caps, flints and lead to keep me occupied after my stash of rifle primers have vanished. I already ran out of small pistol primers and only have maybe 300 Large left. I have been using small rifle primers to replace the pistol primers.

A guy wont be shooting as much as he used to now. In the end I could have enough hunting ammo to do me until my demise. Heck I have several hundred rounds of berdan primed 308 from back in my FAL days I can pull the slugs and replace them with a soft point or even neck them down to 243 and use them that way.

Then there is all the 5.56 ball and 30 Russian soft point stuff stored here and there. After I get to thinking about it I don't feel so sorry for myself anymore just because I don't have pistol primers.

Bob

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread