Into every life, some rain must fall

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, March 02, 2021, 13:55 (1144 days ago)

Our lives have taken another turn here at Casa Hoot. I spent last week in the care of a local hospital after a very short colonoscopy which ended with the doctor saying, “You need to go to the hospital, son.” After a CT scan, we were informed that I have a mass on my lower colon which is most probably cancerous. They took me in for a bit of surgery Wednesday to take care of some immediate problems. When I woke up in the recovery room, I was instantly amazed at how much better I felt. It’s “funny” just how much misery a person can be in and not really realize it.

The remainder of the week was spent visiting the most expensive machines in the place, repeatedly. I had CT’s, MRI’s, X-rays, ultrasounds and whatnot while they figured out just what they had on their hands.

The over-arching plan right now is to begin chemo and possibly radiation in the next few weeks. As of this moment, we don’t know specifically which cancer we are trying to attack but I have biopsies and doctor visits starting to pile up so I expect we will have some answers soon.

During all of this, I lost somewhere over 40lbs. Melodie and I are working on bulking me back up to fighting trim so I can face what’s coming. By the way, I do NOT recommend this weight loss program.

I was released last Friday evening and have been home since. I am completely mobile and there are no restrictions on diet or activity. My doctor told me, “Your body will tell you to stop.” We are working at building my stamina and overall strength. I am very motivated as we fully intend to head to CSA in April, go chase hogs in May and there’s always plenty to do at our cabin up nort’.

We would be very grateful for your prayers and thoughts as we head down this path.

Thank you,
Hoot

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread