Thank you Glen.....

by Otony, Thursday, January 14, 2021, 21:43 (1191 days ago) @ Glen
edited by Otony, Thursday, January 14, 2021, 22:40

.......he was really a marvelous man in so many ways.

He and I spent 3 to 4 days a week working together at my house for the better part of a year, maybe longer. At least 5 hours per day, maybe more. You really get the feel of a fellow when you spend that much time together. It was the highlight of my day, waiting for him to show up.

That Ford pickup of his had a very distinctive shell that was easily recognizable from far off. Whenever he would pull up in front of the store I got excited to see him, just like a little kid for goodness sake. My world always, always became better when he was around.

I can’t tell you the number of people who were sent in by Gerry, or the number of people with whom I became friends because of my association with him. His name was a “pass” for many. If you were friends with him, you were okay, good to go.

His favorite descriptive term was “phenomenal”, he used it when he truly wanted to drive a point home about the quality of something. Well, I can hardly think of a better appellation for him. He was all that and then some.

It’s been a week, and I am still stunned. In my heart of hearts I keep thinking that there has been a mistake made somehow, that he will come rolling in one more time. I’ve lost many a friend and relative over the years, some of whom it took years to finish mourning, if one ever really does finish. I perceive that he is among those whose loss it will take years to accept.

I am, in a word, bereft.

Tony

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread