El Paso Saddlery is having a 20% off sale....

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:32 (4492 days ago)

Just got an email from El Paso Saddlery that they are having a 20% off sale for one week for Father's Day. They are one of my favorite holster makers, along with Simply Rugged...

Anyway, I thought I would mention it in case anyone here was interested to. The Promo Code: Father's Day

by MR, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 21:55 (4492 days ago) @ JD

Holy Mammy! I'm there!

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, June 15, 2012, 18:45 (4491 days ago) @ JD

Had an issue with the holster I bought from them, will likely stick with Rob, but they do have some nice looking stuff.

by Drago, Friday, June 15, 2012, 20:21 (4491 days ago) @ Dave B

Please elaborate..

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 00:31 (4491 days ago) @ Drago

It has been quite a few years now, and I am admittedly hooked on Simply Rugged, but I will elaborate. I had just received my 5 1/2" SS Bisley in 45 Colt, now I looked at this pistol when I first got it, and noticed it has a much taller than normal front sight, plus the unfluted cylinder is just a little bigger than my Super Blackhawk. So when it came time to order that El Paso Saddlery holster I had wanted for years, so I went whole hog, ordered the holster and a 3" belt with 24 cartridge loops. I called them up, and when I placed my order, I informed them that this pistol has a much taller front sight, they told me no problem. Well when the rig finally showed up, the fit was so tight, I couldn't get the hammer thong on, and when I pulled it back out, there was a strip of leather stuck to the front sight, the front sight ended up carving a groove almost all the way through the holster, and I have no doubt that if I were still using it, the holster would have a hole in it. Now I know I shouldn't let one bad experience sour me, but after the tough crap customer service phone call, I will be sticking with a holster maker who not only listens, but gets it right the first time, every time. Just my 2c, and maybe it's petty, but there it is.

Dave

by Gila Jorge, Friday, June 15, 2012, 20:28 (4491 days ago) @ Dave B

ordered a belt and hoslter from them 7 months ago...they produced the wrong thing...refused it....then they lost my order....kicked them in the ass...then they made what I ordered in the wrong color and it stuck (smelled) to high heaven...stunk up my dealers shop...had to out for fresh aire....no damn thank you...they said they would turn it arounf in 5 days..that was three weeks ago....when Bobby McNellis was there it wsa a first rate outfit...but not so much anymore...damn shame too...becuasr they can do first rate work when they pay attention....I live here and can walk in and see them and shoot with serveral of them....but they got some new big account and they have not been worth a crap since.....just my two cents...

I had an issue as well. (and it stunk too)

by cas, Friday, June 15, 2012, 22:14 (4491 days ago) @ Gila Jorge

[image]

There's supposed to be a Chicago screw in that hole for tension. Of course with the screw in that hole there's no possible way to get a gun in the holster.

It was go away hunting with no holster or live with a holster with a hole in it. I did the latter. Other than that giant glaring problem I really like the holster. (Other than that it stunk real bad at first of course)

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

by Drago, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 09:41 (4491 days ago) @ cas
edited by Drago, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:07

Well, this will be interesting since I got the same e-mail and ordered a Threepersons before I read the first message posted in this thread. :-|

Rob of Simply Rugged,

by Drago, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 13:50 (4490 days ago) @ Drago

Any guesses as to the cause of the "stink" mentioned in this thread?

Yes the stik came from the die they used

by Gila Jorge, Monday, June 18, 2012, 18:25 (4488 days ago) @ Drago

I had ordered natural tan and they decided to give me Havana Brown....that created the stink....yet when they do black there is no horrendus stink...just with that Havana Brown.....they insist on giving me that instead of the tan that my holsters are.....not paying attention....damn shame becasue they can do fantastic work...but anymore its a real gamble...

Suppository situation...no excuse for that....

by Gila Jorge, Monday, June 18, 2012, 11:02 (4489 days ago) @ cas

you need the tensioner screw long term...that is disgusting...

The problems noted are probably why they have to have a sale

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 13:38 (4490 days ago) @ JD

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

The problems noted are probably why they have to have a sale

by Drago, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 13:48 (4490 days ago) @ Hobie

That and I can't imagine they're doing that great in this economy. A lot of focus right now seems to be on black rifles ans semi-auto pistols not revolvers. I know they make concealment holsters, but there are less expensive and more readily accessable options.(Bianchi,Galco, Fobus etc.)

I'd rather buy a holster from Mike, Cannon, or Rob

by BCodd, Sunday, June 17, 2012, 12:38 (4490 days ago) @ JD

for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which are 100% dedication to their customers, higher quality, and more reasonable delivery schedules.

There are inevitably other holster makers within our midst whom I have forgotten to mention, with whom I would also prefer to deal.

RSS Feed of thread