New Hanned Tool...sort of...

by Steve Collins, Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 12:55 (4494 days ago)

Wow, I finally made it over here!

I've been wanting a new Hanned style tool for the .22 Magnum cartridge ever since I got one from the original company years ago. As you know, Hanned went out of business, and no one has stepped up to make the same kind of tool again.

Well, I got a friend of mine to make me one out of tool steel for the .22 magnum, and it works great! In fact, it works so good, he made one for himself! I'm really excited to see how well it works out. Thought I'd share the great news today!

New Hanned Tool...sort of...

by woody, Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 13:20 (4494 days ago) @ Steve Collins

I have always wanted one for the 22 mag. ever since I got my first tool from paco. Now I have several different versions of his. Thought a mag version with dynapoints would be a good load. It has a copper washed lead bullet.

Good to see you Steve!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 03:25 (4493 days ago) @ Steve Collins

Maybe your friend can build himself a little side line business...sounds like there may be a few takers....

It seems there are a number of people looking for Hanned SGB

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 10:01 (4493 days ago) @ Hoot

tools for the .22 LR and .22 WRFM.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

It seems there are a number of people looking for Hanned SGB

by Drago, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 12:49 (4493 days ago) @ Hobie

I'd buy one of each if they were available.

Paco Kelly

by Bud, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:37 (4493 days ago) @ Drago

is still producing those tools. I'm not sure what his contact info is.

Paco Kelly

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:34 (4493 days ago) @ Bud

Bud, I don't think he's doing the SGB flat tip, he is still doing the Acu-Rzr however. Good tool,www.leverguns.com gives info on how to reach him, I believe.

Paco's tool is excellent but many still want the simple SGB

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 21:22 (4492 days ago) @ Bud

tool. They'd buy them if they could find them. The popularity of the lowly .22 LR seems to be increasing proportional to the increasing cost of centerfire ammo and gasoline.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread