Does anyone here wear armor when around other shooters?

by Byron, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 10:40 (4495 days ago)

At the 3gun Zombie Shootout last weekend, quite a number of shooters were wearing soft level 3 vests...protection front and back...no plates....the last gunslinger class I atttended...the same...many of these guys prior service....

Guys said they just felt more comfortable.....

Wondering what the board thinks....

Thanks in advance..

Byron

Does anyone here wear armor when around other shooters?

by uncowboy, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:27 (4495 days ago) @ Byron

I have it JUST in case, I have it for police ranges where it is mandated. If I am at a range where the gun handeling makes me that nervus I will just leave! J.Michael

Never seen that anywhere. I don't own it (should) . . .

by RangerBob, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:29 (4495 days ago) @ Byron

. . . and would not shoot at a range if I though I needed it.

I'm not knocking anyone who does, but that's not for me.

Likewise....

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 12:48 (4495 days ago) @ RangerBob

nm

Ditto.....

by Bud, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:41 (4493 days ago) @ Cherokee

'

I've seen it a couple times but...

by cas, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 15:02 (4495 days ago) @ Byron

..it didn't last long. When we have rifle or shotgun matches it can bring lots of "non match" shooters out of the woodwork. (guys that aren't regulars, that don't shoot all the other matches). I guess it's a chance for them to break out their SHTF/Zombie Apocalypse/Canadian Invasion gear. Last July's rifle match we had a number of guys with plate carriers and the full getup. Most of them had shed them by mid match. lol

We didn't have armor the whole time I was in the infantry!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:35 (4494 days ago) @ Byron

Why would I pose and wear it now? That's my view... Now, I'd like to hear more about what ranges require it or was that just police ranges requiring people to wear what they are supposed to wear on the job?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

We didn't have armor the whole time I was in the infantry!

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:27 (4494 days ago) @ Hobie

Sad to say J Michael lives in New Jersey. Probably has something to do with it.

I might not be comfortable around THEM

by Bj2, Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 00:20 (4494 days ago) @ Byron

I wear ear and eye protection. If I worry about safety around other people then I go elsewhere.

NO ,but I think I just might start!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:22 (4494 days ago) @ Byron

I have been thinking about getting a vest but don`t know where to buy, or what`s the best one to get . any body have any input for me??:-D :-D :-D

Given current political trends, might want to be in practice

by John Meeker @, LOL, there. worked as a locksmith in a, Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 18:26 (4493 days ago) @ Byron

wearing it.

Jeff Cooper wrote of his wife giving him a groin plate

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 19:41 (4490 days ago) @ Byron

for a gift, when he started his night shooting classes...he was already wearing a vest.
I have worn it on occasion for classes. I considered wearing my plate carrier for the the last gunsite course but opted out due to the heat. As it was most guys, including me quickly dropped their MOLLE/LBE gear and went to a couple single trouser belt mounted mag pouches and a dump bag. I am building a new Surefire 50 round mag pouch two of those and one in the gun a guy would be set, for most things...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread