Cleaning out the Vault

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, February 11, 2019, 09:34 (2049 days ago)

For those of you who might be interested in additions to your handgun inventory, I wanted to call to your attention 5 I posted on Gunbroker last evening. They are:

H&R Sportsman 6 in .22 top break - the older version with the hammer mounted firing pin. Gunbroker No. 799514531

Ruger Bearcat .22 Single Action, with box, warranty card and brochure. Gunbroker No. 799520502

S&W Model 28-2 .357 6 inch with box and waxed shipping paper. Box has a torn corner. Gunbroker No. 799521190

Ruger Redhawk .41 Mag, 5-1/2 inch blued finish from 1985 (according to Wilson's book on the Rugers). This is apparently a fairly rare version of the Redhawk. Gunbroker No. 799522559

And last, but not least, one semi-auto. S&W Model 945-1 .45 ACP from the Performance Center with 4 magazines and the factory provided locking case. I like 1911s and have owned a number of them over the years, but the 945 outshot any I've owned including Colt's Gold Cup and a Kimber Match Target. The trigger pull on this one is superb - like a breaking glass rod. Gunbroker No. 799525414

I had a serious cardiac scare in December and although there was no damage done, my wife has asked me to thin the herd and try to limit myself to the guns I'm likely to use in the future. These have all been gathering dust in the back of the vault, so they are up for auction.

If any of you should prove to be the winning bidder, please let me know you saw it here. I'll contribute $20/sale to whoever funds this site as compensation for letting me call this to your attention.

If this violates one of the rules, please accept my apologies and I'll ask the moderator to just take the posting down.

Rem

Health problems...

by D. Sikes, Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:48 (2049 days ago) @ Remington40x

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues... I totally understand... I've had to clean out my entire inventory twice in the past to help pay expenses due to health and medical issues... I feel for you... I wish you luck in both your efforts to acquire the funds and specially for your fast and total recovery.

Health problems...

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 09:37 (2047 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Thank you very much for your good wishes. After a lifetime of regular exercise and reasonable eating habits, finding out you have issues is no fun at all. But the doctors did a wonderful job and I'm apparently good to go, at least for a while. But all of that did bring to my attention the lifetime of stuff I've accumulated that no longer gets much use by me and might bring others some pleasure or be of better use to them.

Cleaning out the Vault

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 12:22 (2047 days ago) @ Remington40x

I've been trying to reduce my inventory but what worked for me doesn't seem to draw much interest to folks today. I trust you will do fine.

I threw a bid at the 28-2

by Jared, Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 18:46 (2047 days ago) @ Remington40x

My dad had a 6” when I was growing up and it was stolen. I wouldn’t mind getting a replacement.

by Murphy @, Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 19:00 (2047 days ago) @ Jared

I went in search of a clean 6" 28-2 not much more than a month ago. I have a pair of 4". I found one in great shape at a good price and hit the *Buy Now*.

Good luck on your bid.

Murphy

by Jared, Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 20:19 (2046 days ago) @ Murphy

I have always been a short barrel guy and have a nice 4” 28-2.

A 6” would be nice since that was the first centerfire revolver I ever fired. I still have Dad’s box and the magnas that we’re on it,

(I might be able to fix you up) (nm)

by bj @, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 20:07 (2045 days ago) @ Jared

nm

Cleaning out the Vault

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:43 (2045 days ago) @ Cherokee

Cherokee:

I'm surprised at the level of interest, to be honest. So far, the bidding seems pretty active for something the younger generation thinks is as obsolete as a rotary dial telephone.

I'll be happy to move them down the road to people who will get some use out of them.

Rem

I bid on that H&R Sportsman. Had one and let it get

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 15, 2019, 17:55 (2045 days ago) @ Remington40x

away...
Estate Planning: Matt Olivier will be holding a big sale for my bride when I go. :-D

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I bid on that H&R Sportsman. Had one and let it get

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, February 18, 2019, 14:44 (2042 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob:

That's a great estate plan, as long as Matt outlives you.

This is my second H&R Sportsman. The last one had a serial number of 14917, except in one place it was 14179. Guess the guy doing the numbering dropped the die in mid task and didn't get the numbers back in the same order.

Shoots well, but I never use it anymore. I have become an avid shotgunner and the handguns just don't see much action anymore.

And, to paraphrase an old Chicago line about casting ballots, "Bid early and often."

By the way, I have three of your holsters, which do see a fair amount of concealed carry activity.

Rem

Thanks very much!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 18:54 (2037 days ago) @ Remington40x

Good luck on your sales!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread