Aging

by Big Six, Friday, January 11, 2019, 19:09 (2080 days ago)

Tonight I went outside at 5:30PM EST... still daylight here.... barely.

I pulled a pistol out from my holster and fired at a 100 yard steel target. It is 12" X 18"".

I happened to hit 6 out of 6 hits on the target.... a miracle to me at this age.

For the record I used a "small" gun... a Ruger GP100.... 4" barrel.... .357 Magnum... Federal 158Gr SJFP.

Today... at 10:30 AM I turned 70 years old.

It has been fun. I will continue what I have done all these years until I can do so no more.

A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with leukemia. It was a shock but what can one do?

I prayed.... and it helped..... I am sure it helped..... beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I will continue to send those rounds downrange until the Lord takes me home.

Y'all enjoy these days... for they are precious.

Aging

by Murphy @, Friday, January 11, 2019, 21:03 (2080 days ago) @ Big Six

Happy birthday 6!

Glad your eyesight it holding up. I'm starting to favor longer barrels these days. It may just be my glasses, but those shorter tubes are getting harder to hit with at any distance.

Very sorry to hear about your leukemia. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Murphy

Aging

by Big Six, Friday, January 11, 2019, 21:35 (2080 days ago) @ Murphy

Murph...

Thanks for the thoughts.

Prayer helps.

Aging

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, January 11, 2019, 21:52 (2080 days ago) @ Big Six

Congrats on the birthday. Sorry about the illness but sounds like you have not let it get you down. The Lord can do wonderful things. Keep enjoying His gift of life.

Happy Birthday! Good shooting! Sorry to hear about the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 06:06 (2079 days ago) @ Big Six

leukemia.

My father-in-law and aunt had chronic lymphocytic leukemia (IIRC) and like the less aggressive form of prostate cancer was not a big deal with treatment. It was not their worst problem! I hope you have that form of the disease.

I think you did great with the revolver! Seems that you are maintaining your skills well despite the seemingly inevitable changes to eyesight.

I hope you have many more birthdays you can celebrate in this manner!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

ENJOY EVERY DAY WITH FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FIREARMS

by SIXGUNNER, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 08:17 (2079 days ago) @ Big Six

I AM AT MILEPOST 80

ENJOY EVERY DAY WITH FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FIREARMS

by Big Six, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 11:47 (2079 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Three score and ten was a big one for me.

I hope when/if I make it to four score I can still be reading your articles at night before I retire for bed.

Press on Mr. T

Happy birthday JT.

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:38 (2079 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

May you have many more, And GOD BLESS.

Aging

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 09:26 (2079 days ago) @ Big Six

May the Lord give you grace for leukemia & the road ahead. Keep banging that steel.

I have Leukemia too

by D. Sikes, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 11:49 (2079 days ago) @ Big Six

I'm 67 and I've had Leukemia (CML - Chronic Myogenis Leukemia) since 1998... it's treatable and you can live with it... I'm still here 30 years later... my more pressing issues these days is my circulatory system and heart... that'll probably put me under before the Leukemia does... you hang in there and do what you want and can do.. that's all we can ask for... Take care, bud...

It's hard to argue with JT's comment...

by rob @, Saturday, January 12, 2019, 21:57 (2079 days ago) @ Big Six

And the priorities are in the right order too. I enjoy your posts Big Six. Keep fighting the good fight and Happy Birthday:)

It's hard to argue with JT's comment...

by uncowboy, Sunday, January 13, 2019, 05:58 (2078 days ago) @ rob

Happy Birthday. Great shooting at any age. Prayers sent on your health.

Aging

by Bri A, Sunday, January 13, 2019, 19:47 (2078 days ago) @ Big Six

Happy Birthday! May you enjoy many, many more! Sounds like some great shooting as well, for anyone using a handgun, of any barrel length, sighting arrangement or caliber! Prayers sent for you and your fight with illness.

We didn't die young

by Charles, Monday, January 14, 2019, 11:04 (2077 days ago) @ Big Six

and that is a good thing. No matter our state or stage of life God is all around us, and He is good. We just need to take our eyes off our selves an look around. He is here with us. We have nothing to fear, but rejoice in His goodness.

RSS Feed of thread