Muzzle breaks and velocity and such

by Gila Jorge, Tuesday, June 05, 2012, 14:09 (4350 days ago) @ Hoot

have used KDF (see their site) and Magna Port. Magna Port also makes a similar to kdf style but the KDF is the most effeicnetn on the market and Weatherby uses them on their guns. Had KDF's n 7mm and 338 win mags and Magnaports on 300 and 338 win mags. The magnaport is not as noisy and you don;t bet the consussion wave coming back from the device. Much preferred. the KSF cuts the dickens out of recoil but felt the cussion wave coning back to be palpable...did not like for beans and is shooting prone the vents would thorw back a mouthfull and eyefull of debris...dust gravels weeds etc, no thanks. Go with Magna Porting as its liveable, for me, but the screwon devices although effective as all get out are not liveable....now that said...I usea comp device on my competition FNP-45 pistol but in order to get the compt to work have to have velocity above 1200 fps...I shoot 185 Nosler JHPs at 1250 and again the blast and conussion are noticeable but managble under range condkitions and using ekectronis muffs. love this comp, cuts my times and enhances accuracy. shoot one before you commit is my best advice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread