Tulsa Gun Show: I got to see many friends from here, there

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 13:51 (2139 days ago)

as well as several customers of mine. Good Times. Bobby Tyler invited me to share a table with him and Bob Maw, the new owner of Republic Forge. I sold a lot of gunleather, took orders for more and have enough left for another show... so Crossroads of the West in Phoenix... meeting Buck Taylor was a hoot.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

It was great to see you again, Rob.

by matt/pa @, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 15:18 (2139 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Looking forward to the next show there in April.

When's the Phoenix show? I have to schedule another trip out there in the next few weeks, maybe i can coordinate?

Matt

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:19 (2139 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Good to see friends

It was good to see pictures of friends seeing friends!

by Caz, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 21:04 (2139 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

nm;-)

by Murphy @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 05:22 (2138 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Wish I could have made it up for the show. I've only been twice over the decades. I was in a rush and only made plans for one day the first time back in the 90's. Man, was that a mistake. All a fella can do is walk as fast as he can to make it all in one day. I recently read somewhere it takes both days to see it all, and that's only if you spend 20 seconds at each table. Overwhelming to say the least.

Thanks for the joke you pulled on my cousin. He got a kick out of it as well. I don't think he's missed the big Tulsa show in close to 25 years. He prefers to collect rather than shoot and always has a great time whether he finds anything or not.

Murphy

Cross roads of the West Phx Nov 30 Dec 2nd I

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:13 (2138 days ago) @ matt/pa

just booked three tables

--

I hope to see you there this spring.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:15 (2138 days ago) @ Murphy

Not as good a joke as we did to Your Uncle Joe;-)

--

I hope to see you there this spring.

by Murphy @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 20:17 (2138 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I was blessed with uncles. Joe happened to be the youngest, my father was the oldest).

As Roger Miller's line in a song goes:

Jukebox 'n' sawdust floor
Sumpin' like I ain't never seen
And I'm just going on fifteen
But with the help of my finaglin' uncle I get snuck in
For my first taste of sin
I said "Lemme have a big old sip"
Bllll-bbbb, I done a double back flip

That, would be Uncle Joe in my case.

Just a quick tale. I was in for a weekend and looking to pick up some moonshine for a street dance the next night. I got directions to a bootleggers place out in the boonies and off I went looking for it. I pulled up to the place and it was pitch black about 10:00 at night. I eased up to the door and knocked. I heard the shuffle of feet and a voice through the door asking "Who dere?" (A gentleman of color he was). I told him Murphy. The bootlegger replied back, Joe, dat choo? My reply was, No, I'm his nephew and I'll tell him you said howdy. The door eased open and I stuck $10 bucks through it, 2 quarts came back out.

The funny part is, the sheriff at the time happened to be a Murphy also, our cousin. :-D

Murphy

Great story!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 07:54 (2137 days ago) @ Murphy

Looking forward to seeing you again

--

RSS Feed of thread