A week from tomorrow...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, November 02, 2018, 16:31 (2150 days ago)

Deer season starts off in MO. Haven't had a chance to hunt in years. Picked up my tags today. Still don't know for sure where we're headed, but plan to be in the hardwoods somewhere in SW MO at dawn Saturday next. Have been sizing, trimming, priming and loading '06 ammo for the past couple of days off and on. Need to sneak down to the range to check zero sometime next week (this weekend will probably be chaos down there this week). Even if no deer are taken, it'll be good to get out in the woods again.

A week from tomorrow...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, November 02, 2018, 21:39 (2150 days ago) @ Paul

Enjoy the experience.

Have fun and get a big buck!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, November 03, 2018, 06:27 (2149 days ago) @ Paul

Paul how long are you going to be state side?

Have fun and get a big buck!

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, November 03, 2018, 17:44 (2149 days ago) @ Fivegunner

'til the first part of December, the Good Lord willing.

A week from tomorrow...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, November 03, 2018, 17:44 (2149 days ago) @ Cherokee

Thanks! I plan on it! :-)

what part of SW MO?

by D. Sikes, Sunday, November 04, 2018, 14:28 (2148 days ago) @ Paul

what part of SW MO are you hunting? ... I'm still just east of Ava off of hwy 14.

A week from tomorrow...

by Charles, Sunday, November 04, 2018, 22:10 (2148 days ago) @ Paul

I wish you a joyous time. Connecting with our natural world is far more important that connecting with a deer. May you be safe and have a great time. Some of my best times, have been in the deer woods.

what part of SW MO?

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, November 06, 2018, 10:13 (2146 days ago) @ D. Sikes

Planning on a place near Neosho. I thought you were still in Texas, should pay more attention. I'll see if a visit thataway might be arranged sometime in the next few weeks. It'd be good to meet you in person.

what part of SW MO?

by D. Sikes, Tuesday, November 06, 2018, 14:15 (2146 days ago) @ Paul

Hey Paul,

I went to Texas for 9 months... had to have a surgical procedure done on my neck... was having ministrokes for about a year so had to have something done... the docs in Springfield couldn't figure out a way to fix it so we went to Abilene, Texas where Mick my wife has family for support and there are two big hospital complexes... they did a rotorooter job on my left carotid artery and I'm a little bit better...

Anyway, I ran out of money and was living on credit cards so we had to come back here to the farm since it didn't sell... so we're back just outside of Ava, near Bryant creek at Vera Cruz...

I would be great to meet you and share some coffee... if you're down this way, give me a call... 417-683-0269...

RSS Feed of thread