Cocked & Locked 1911 vs XDS

by stonewalrus, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 18:27 (2204 days ago)

Wasn’t really thinking before - the 1911 has TWO safeties in operation for cocked and licked - thumb and grip safety. The only safety my XDS has is a grip safety.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 18:39 (2204 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Well, there is the trigger safety on the xds, that makes two.

Comparing big heavy apples to small light oranges.

by cas, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 18:53 (2204 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Most of my 1911's only have one safety. (one of them has three!) But they have light triggers.

My XDS trigger is better than most, but light aint in the description.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 20:33 (2204 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Those are two different platforms. My Smith MP 9 has no safety but the trigger is such an AD would only happen if you did something like catching the trigger while re-holstering & shoved hard.

Comparing big heavy apples to small light oranges.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, September 10, 2018, 07:17 (2203 days ago) @ cas

My XDs trigger was so unlike the rest of my lighter triggers that I got rid of it because it was hard to shoot for me. I have been using light triggers all my life so my trigger finger had been trained.

Safeties

by Charles, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 12:12 (2180 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Any mechanical safety, ether active or passive, only serves to protect a person from the conseqneces of his/her own neglgence. The number and type of safeties really mean very little if anything. The crucial safety is between the gun handler's ears.

RSS Feed of thread