On the large size....new build-

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, August 13, 2018, 20:14 (2231 days ago)

I present the Zombie Slayer.....

[image]

Why did I build a 3/16" thick, 18 inch long, with 11.5" blade Zombie Slayer mini machete sized blade, why not!!!! One of the reasons I got into knife making was to make BIG knives, because buying big knives is EXPENSIVE! But they are a real pain in the back side to make, this being only the second big one I have made. Build process was spread out over three weekends to complete, with almost four hours of hand sanding alone. It turned out pretty nice, not perfect, but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel in bladesmithing, learned a few new things along the way and remembered a few I forgot. Back to a smaller knives for the near future before I attempt another one of these monsters, but I am thinking maybe something in .250" 5160, 2" high, 15-16" long with a big handle to really show off the Desert Ironwood grain, a knife you can use to whack the heck out of something, then look down and think man o man she is pretty!!!!

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, August 13, 2018, 21:23 (2231 days ago) @ Gunner

Now that's a knife ! I like big knives :-D

by Frank S, Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 05:41 (2230 days ago) @ Cherokee

Very nice!
The handle shape looks comfortable.

NICE!

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:33 (2230 days ago) @ Gunner

Nm

Nice!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 12:23 (2230 days ago) @ Gunner

After things slow down, we may have to have a talk. I was thinking of a "mini-machete" type blade just the other day.

"... this is a knife..."

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 19:23 (2230 days ago) @ Gunner

RSS Feed of thread