Free knife for a youngester.....

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, July 08, 2018, 19:49 (2267 days ago)

I have this knife with sheath....

[image]

1095 HC, 8" 3.5" blade, desert ironwood scales with nickel silver pins.

I was going over it today, getting it ready to post for sale but it kept fighting me on sharpening the edge, then the blade polish starting fighting me, then back to the edge, by the time I got it to slice paper (standard sharpness test) I lost about 1/8" off the edge. That makes me suspect the hardness of the edge or what used to be the edge, seems fine now but I am done messing with it and don't want to sell it.

BUT I have enough blades sitting in the cabinet already and don't need to add to it, so here is the deal.....I going to give it away for free to someone who has a young son or grandson that is in need of his first knife. If more than one member here wants it I will put everyone's name in a hat and draw one name out for the knife. I will let this run until Monday night then draw a name, just post "I want it" below to be added to the hat.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

by Frank S, Monday, July 09, 2018, 03:47 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

Gunner,
I would like an opportunity to give the knife to my 7 YO Grandson.
Please add my name to the group.
Regards,
Frank

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, July 09, 2018, 05:51 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

Cool knife, could you put me in the hat . my grandson turns 14 years old in six days. Ethan would love a custom made knife.[image]

Good on ya! (nm)

by cubrock, Monday, July 09, 2018, 08:26 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

nm

Cool beans Gunner!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, July 09, 2018, 08:31 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

Good for you.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Monday, July 09, 2018, 09:45 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

This is a great offer and good for you gunner! I would like to add my name to the list as my oldest grandson Kyle is becoming quite the deer hunter. Thanks Dennis

Got an 8-yr-old grandson that will hopefully be hunting...

by Caz, Monday, July 09, 2018, 11:53 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

..with papa this season. Put my name in the hat, please. Thanks!

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, July 09, 2018, 20:57 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

That's my favorite pattern.

Free knife for a youngester....Update

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, July 09, 2018, 21:26 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

Thanks everyone for the interest, I assigned everyone a number than ran the random.org generator and it picked Fivegunner as the winner, please shoot me an email to the knife related address below and I will get the knife/sheath boxed up and mailed out.

[image]

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Monday, July 09, 2018, 22:51 (2266 days ago) @ Gunner

Thanks for this! D.

by Frank S, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 05:26 (2265 days ago) @ Gunner

Gunner,
That was a generous and thoughtful thing to do.
Kudos!
Frank

We're inspired by your presence!!

by pokynojoe, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 06:34 (2265 days ago) @ Gunner

nt

Congrats, Fivegunner, and thanks, Gunner!

by Caz, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 09:48 (2265 days ago) @ Gunner

nm

RSS Feed of thread