Next steps in Dashiell's care

by BCodd, Cincinnati, Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:09 (4355 days ago)

Pam, Dashiell and I are in Cincinnati, meeting with doctors and surgeons at the Children's Hospital here, concerning the next steps in Dashiell's care. The liver tumor group here are among a select group, nationally, and after spending time with them yesterday and today, I can see why.

The tests, results, and ensuing discussion with them reveal their experience, flexibility, and humility, which put us at ease immediately.

We will begin aggressive platinum atrial chemo here tomorrow, the exact specs of which are being finished tonight in conversations with their national liver tumor board peers. Pam will remain in Cinci with Dashiell while I return to IA on Saturday, take care of business there, and them bring the other two boys out here at some point next week.

We expect that the family will be separated at several points this summer, and we know that we'll have to be flexible with any plans, most of which are medical in nature... nothing has gone smoothly so far, so why expect smooth sailing?

The good news is that Cincinnati is a neat town, with plenty of local history and geographic appeal to keep the boys busy during our visits here.

Thank you for your encouraging notes and kind thoughts.

We are moving forward!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread