That time of year again, can’t find.......

by Otony, Monday, February 05, 2018, 19:24 (2420 days ago)

.......a Weaver 4x rimfire scope that I KNOW is here somewhere. Silver, not black, and it is being stored in one of those neoprene scope socks. Brand new too, d@mn it!

On the plus side, I found a sheath knife that had gone walkabout a year or so ago. Plus two NEW 20 gauge Benelli/Beretta choke tubes, which both appear to be Improved Cylinder. I will happily swap ‘em for any 12 gauge Invector chokes you might have, any constriction so long as they are in good shape. I will pay postage both ways, I’m easy.....

Otony

How 'bout that J-Frame?

by ~JM~, Monday, February 05, 2018, 21:23 (2420 days ago) @ Otony

:-P

How 'bout that J-Frame? Hah! Found it!

by Otony, Monday, February 05, 2018, 22:11 (2420 days ago) @ ~JM~

One day I asked the wife to make sure and take her revolver with her for an errand she was about to embark upon.

Her reply drew me up short. "Which one?"

I was puzzled and inquired as to what she meant. She answered by showing her usual J-frame, and the longer tubed model that I had been searching for.

Never mind that I'd asked about it numerous times. But then you know all that.....

The sheath knife I mentioned is a beautiful little custom by David Bowe, one he turned out for me in thanks for ordering him a half-dozen SKS rifles (this was back when I had my own FFL).

I keep all my custom knives in my office, and all my factory knives in my shop, save for the ones in my packs or pockets. What this one was doing in my safe, packed neatly inside a box of Ruger revolver parts is beyond me. I imagine that Weaver scope is safely ensconced in a box of Crayolas somewhere.....

Otony

I was pretty sure I had left an SKS in a storage unit,

by former hater of plastic, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 00:34 (2420 days ago) @ Otony

propped in a corner and out way. A long left behind storage unit. Found it the other day, well greased and rolled in a ratty towel, as was propped in corner lacking a soft case, all soft cases searched for gun, and apparently padded for a move in a towel.

Also found a gun that was not even lost, because I had forgotten about it, a stainless Ruger 22/45 NIB from 15yrs ago with the really stubby heavy barrel, the gun hiding in plain sight, disguised as one of several empty Ruger cases ended up with, over the years, just discovered it today.

I found a Smith 57 the other day in my closet.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 17:53 (2417 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

Was looking for a Ruger and had forgotten about the Smith entirely. Going to have to get a bigger safe and take the Smith for an outing.

Closets are good. My "plans" are along the lines of...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:07 (2417 days ago) @ Wildcat

if they break in, they'll never find 'em all! :-P

Yes, closets! Of course!!!

by former hater of plastic, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 19:37 (2417 days ago) @ Hoot

next time I move, if I throw a net over the closets and move them entire, probably will end up with better than 99.9% of guns owned, and not one supposedly in a closet!! Inspired!!! That'll catch those devious little suckers off guard, and no chance to scatter.

RSS Feed of thread