Judge Blackahwk

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, January 08, 2018, 16:57 (2448 days ago)

Judge Blackahwk

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, January 08, 2018, 19:13 (2448 days ago) @ Creeker

Yes I do and thank you for that link. A lot of water under the bridge since then my friend.

Judge Blackahwk is not

by Robb Barnes, Monday, January 08, 2018, 19:34 (2448 days ago) @ Creeker

someone I am familiar with but boy does he speak truth! I figure parenting is a blessing as well as a life long sentence.Those first nights when you only daughter is in a college dorm room hundreds of miles away, the restless sleep at night while they are spending their days serving their country in a land that is full of danger and the joy and privilege of seeing one of them make you a grandpa. This is what it means to be a parent.

Wow! That has been a while back!

by Caz, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 08:52 (2447 days ago) @ Creeker

nm

I had a long post way back then.....

by Otony, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 09:55 (2447 days ago) @ Creeker

......about watching Hopalong Cassidy movies (I think it was Hoppy we were watching) with my dad while he was slowly reaching the end of his span here on Earth. I was reminiscing about how we had watched movies together when I was a child, and how our roles had reversed in his/our advancing years.

If I knew how to use the wayback machine, I'd sorta like to see that post again.......

Otony

You can riffle thru these dates....

by former hater of plastic, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 19:31 (2447 days ago) @ Otony

and see if, by some chance, it was part of what was saved. Often, navigation links will work on a page, after you find it dead on another page.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sixgunner.com

And don't forget Earp.

How's for a blast/ache from the past...

by former hater of plastic, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 19:36 (2447 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

Man!!!!!

by jgt, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 07:00 (2447 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

That link had Pete Martin and a lot of others no longer with us.

yep, Doc Hudson, Wilson, etc.

by former hater of plastic, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 09:58 (2446 days ago) @ jgt

glad that link was through 4 layers of previous clicks, so could not open posts. It would have been too sad. This CD was a gift, still travels everywhere in car.

[image]

Indeed. Lots of things have changed.

by John K., Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 20:49 (2446 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

But some folks are as constant as the northern star. :-)

And some, such as yourself,

by former hater of plastic, Thursday, January 11, 2018, 18:11 (2445 days ago) @ John K.

Are as much help to others in navigating the world of firearms, thru experimenting beyond the hype. I have a #1S .35 Whelen, in part due to your writings. Will not go Artificial Intelligence on it, though, as I do not reload it enough that case life a concern, plus, older shoulder and lighter loads used, anyhow.

And, aside from adoring the Whelen,

by former hater of plastic, Thursday, January 11, 2018, 18:34 (2445 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

also adore the rifle. It may be a Sporter, but, with the large diameter barrel required for the Whelen, it has the Tropical proportions perfectly scaled for the cartridge, and of same weight and only 2" longer than my .45-70 Guide Gun. And near identical weight and same length as my Model 12 with riot barrel. A rifle a man can hunt with, througb thick and thin, without the need to be wealthy enough for a gun bearer.

and there we are, many of us, me included

by cable, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 10:59 (2446 days ago) @ former hater of plastic

that's when the Clements bisley purchase started getting organized

still have mine and still a favorite.

I wish...

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 13:25 (2446 days ago) @ cable

I wasn't financially able to participate in that run from Clements.
Another "Just Missed It" in a long line of same.
;-)

Judge Blackahwk

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 17:41 (2447 days ago) @ Creeker

Been a long time.

Back yonder

by jerry b, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 10:14 (2446 days ago) @ Creeker

The old, old days were fun with Jim T. and many others. Not that it ain't fun now, but lots of water under the bridge for sure.

miss AK Church, mike cumpston and so many others

by cable, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 13:55 (2446 days ago) @ Creeker

:-|

RSS Feed of thread