Ruger PC9mm carbine great idea.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, December 29, 2017, 16:21 (2458 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbmb4AIl2sM

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, December 29, 2017, 18:41 (2458 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Saw that yesterday...Ruger is doing great.

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Friday, December 29, 2017, 19:52 (2458 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

All I can say is,

Want, Want, Really Really Want!

The smart fellow that engineers......

by Otony, Friday, December 29, 2017, 19:57 (2458 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

......additional magazine wells as an aftermarket add on will clean up bigly.

I can see a need for Sig-Sauer P226 or P229, and probably P320, as well as S&W M&P.

Of course if someone made a well for Browning Hi-Power mags, as unlikely as that obviously is, I would be in hog heaven.

Otony

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, December 30, 2017, 08:07 (2458 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

At first I thought ( what good would this gun be to me), well after watching Jeff run it , I think I`ll try one just for fun!:-D

by D. Sikes, Saturday, December 30, 2017, 10:03 (2458 days ago) @ Fivegunner

For a lot of folks (me included) that wanted or "needed" a pistol caliber carbine, the choices were slim and expensive... build or acquire a AR platform conversion, a Berretta, MP-5, Uzi, Mech-Tec, or what I did ... a Hi-Point ... mine was a .40S&W ... used extensively around the farm for varmint control... a few coyotes here and there and a couple of bobcats... very handy and it was cheap... $215 ... and fairly reliable... however... if this Ruger was around when I needed one... I think I would have gravitated toward it rather than the Hi-Point or Berretta... the idea of interchangeable mag wells was brilliant and would have tripped the difference.

7lbs is as much as an AR.

by former hater of plastic, Saturday, December 30, 2017, 10:11 (2458 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I will hold off on celebrating.

by Bri A, Saturday, December 30, 2017, 10:41 (2457 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Have always liked the pistol caliber carbines. Used to play around quite a bit with a Wilkinson Arms, Terry carbine back in the early '80s, and then the Linda pistols. Still enjoy the lever action carbines in pistol calibers. Really like the idea of interchangeable magazine wells in this new Ruger and the quick take-down feature. Have been really impressed with a 10/22 takedown my Dad picked up last year, it has proven to be quite accurate and repeatable after being taken apart several times. If the 9 mm carbine works as well, they have a real winner on their hands.

Finally there's a use...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, December 30, 2017, 12:39 (2457 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

for those Glock 30+ round magazines...

I was currently saving for a...

by rob @, Monday, January 01, 2018, 09:55 (2456 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

10mm 1911 but when I saw Jeff's video on that carbine my plans were interrupted. I've never been greatly tempted by a 9mm carbine (maybe a little by the Marlin Camp Carbine) but I knew I had to have that little Ruger. So, I'm currently saving for one and then we'll go back to the 10mm.

Told my wife the same thing....

by rob @, Monday, January 01, 2018, 09:57 (2456 days ago) @ Otony

We have a 226 and a goodly number of mags. I'm buying the carbine and plan on using the Glock mag insert until and unless they come out with one for Sig 226 mags.

Told my wife the same thing....

by Otony, Monday, January 01, 2018, 11:29 (2455 days ago) @ rob

If one is offered for the P229, jump on it. It will handle the shorter magazines as well as your 226 mags. More versatility .

Otony

RSS Feed of thread