Lights for working or Tracking at night?

by Mike P @, Saturday, December 09, 2017, 13:37 (2479 days ago)

Gentlemen & Ladies -

I'm wondering what you all are using for lighting while working or tracking critters outside at night. I had occasion to use a buddie's NiteCore HC50 and NightCore P12 Headlamp/flashlight recently and liked them. Tracking, chores, and fixing fences for example.

But I wonder if there are options out there that are easier on batteries or the pocketbook. Not that adverse to spending as long as I get good value.

Thanks,
Mike P.

by uncowboy, Saturday, December 09, 2017, 15:51 (2478 days ago) @ Mike P

PREDATORCH.COM rechargeable and great lights Been using them for years and sold many to friends and family.

by uncowboy, Saturday, December 09, 2017, 15:51 (2478 days ago) @ uncowboy

I like green but some like red better.

Costco has Coast led headlamps

by JD, Western Washington, Saturday, December 09, 2017, 16:21 (2478 days ago) @ Mike P
edited by JD, Saturday, December 09, 2017, 21:12

I have a number of Black Diamond headlamps that I have been using for years. .. But lately I've been using Coast headlamps that Costco sell for $30 for a 2 pack (Update, Costco has them on sale right now for $17.99 for the 2 pack), and I really like them. 3 AAA batteries. Focusing beam. 400 lumen on high. 3 brightness levels. Fairly good battery life. Haven't managed to break one yet. With the focusing beam you can see out to 100 yards or more, or adjust it to hav a wide angle light for working on the car... I'm impressed for a light that costs $15...

RSS Feed of thread