Tremendously good read, by Col. John Ward....

by Otony, Monday, November 27, 2017, 22:22 (2490 days ago)

....With the Die-Hards in Siberia.

Ward was a British commanding officer in Siberia, fighting with the Whites against the Reds. A fascinating read, but the most compelling part is his foreword wherein he outlines the reasons for the Bolsheviks winning the revolution as directly attributable to foreign politics, particularly the failure of the Western powers to hold true to their White allies.

Those first few paragraphs simply and pointedly describe how easily the Reds could have been vanquished if only "we" had done what was promised. Millions condemned to die at the hands of the Soviets over the ensuring years because of incompetence and rivalries in the political cadres of Britain, the USA, and others.

Otony

Interesting what might have been saved... and what has

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, November 30, 2017, 11:37 (2488 days ago) @ Otony

been squandered...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

American foreign policy

by anachronism, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 15:43 (2484 days ago) @ Otony

American foreign policy seems to have long been centered around promising everything, but delivering nothing. I didn't realize these policies went back in time that far, but it was naive of me to think these were recent failings. I've always felt our entrance into WWI was contrived to enter at the last possible moment, and that our entry into WWII was forced upon us in ways well beyond the Pearl Harbor attack.

RSS Feed of thread