Church security - that you know of...

by stonewalrus, Friday, September 29, 2017, 19:13 (2549 days ago)

The subject of security came up in men's class at church. One our elders said I assure you we are taking steps toward more security around here (electronic door locks, unlocked main doors are manned). There are always 3 - 4 people who are armed at church. Somebody piped up and said "that you know of... "
There was a devious laugh from a few people in the room...

LOL!

by cubrock, Friday, September 29, 2017, 20:35 (2549 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Reminds me a conversation I had with one of our members when I was pastor. He told me he carried at church and I could count him if needed. I told him I was pleased to hear that. He then said he wouldn't tell me who else at church carried, but to start watching where certain people sat and how well this or that part of the church could be covered from that vantage point. Seems several of the members had gotten together and planned everything out and just wanted me to distract as needed until they could draw a safe bead. I was very pleased. :)

that you know of...

by Ray L., Friday, September 29, 2017, 22:18 (2549 days ago) @ stonewalrus

A fellow Sunday school scholar's son who lived over in Atlanta with his mom was crazy for soviet block weapons so I loaned the dad and boy a cardboard box full of pistols and ammo for a Saturday afternoon's shooting --- makarovs, tokarevs, cz52, cz70, nagant revolver etc.

Next day after services the dad said he had the guns in the trunk of his car....there they lay on a blanket but the box was missing and the leftover loaded shells and some of the spent brass and spare magazines were in a much smaller box....when asked about the larger cardboard box the guy simply advised me to just put the guns in my pockets and mexican carry in waistband to get them descreetly to my truck

Had to tell him I could not do that because all four of my trouser pockets were already full of guns plus two in the inside jacket pockets as well....when asked why six guns at church, I replied "It ain't a freedom unless you actually practice it !" There were actually a total of 7....forgot to count the one in my sock.:-)

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 07:33 (2549 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The problem sometime is convincing people that you should exercise some security precautions. Then there's the guy that thinks the church door should always be open. A small congregation like ours also gets complacent. But there are still two of us always armed plus one watching the security camera video feeds.

an elderly lady was giving me a good natured hard time

by stonewalrus, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:19 (2548 days ago) @ Cherokee

About the Leatherman tool on my belt several years ago saying what kind of weapon I was carrying. She would have been appalled at what she couldn't see that I was carrying!

Fellowship Hymn....

by Ray L., Saturday, September 30, 2017, 20:39 (2548 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Was once a member of the huggingest church there has ever been...you'd of thought they were hippys....Near deaf elderly Sister Frances hugged my .357 model 19 and blurted out "is that a gun ?!!" for all to hear...
Reason why I now pocket carry on sunday....

Church security - our only hope is the pulpit howitzer.

by Caz, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 21:15 (2548 days ago) @ stonewalrus

nm

Church security - our only hope is the pulpit howitzer.

by Ray L., Or the lectern levergun...nm, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 23:06 (2548 days ago) @ Caz

You got to rush to get your arms low, so they have to hug

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 17:11 (2547 days ago) @ Ray L.

your neck.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 17:31 (2547 days ago) @ Cherokee

Hugging is a bid thing in our small church. Some know I'm carrying as part of security. Only had a few actually feel my gun but they never say anything. Now days, lots of people with big cell phones and such so I don't worry about it. I generally hug them under their arms so they don't hit my waist.

RSS Feed of thread