NEW JERSEY produce

by uncowboy, Friday, August 11, 2017, 13:01 (2599 days ago)

Very few advantages to being from New Jersey. But the best one is the produce. Jersey Tomato's and sweet corn beat all others by far. Last year I bought a pizza oven for the deck and every Friday is pizza day. With fresh Jersey tomatoes in abundance I made my Pizza sauce last week. It was great. So today I am cooking down 50 Lb of tomatoes to put up sauce. Well I also love tomato juice with my breakfast . I had a large amount of juice from my cooking batch . Here we find that some put Vodka and bitters and lemon and make an Grown up beverage . Tasty littttlle buggersss and I ammm onlyy on my secconds. Happppy week ends allls.J. Michaellsat

A slice of "jersey" tomato...

by pokynojoe, Friday, August 11, 2017, 13:45 (2599 days ago) @ uncowboy

On a Taylor pork roll sandwich...Ahh...fond memories of my childhood.

Love mine fresh on bologna. I'm simple........nt

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, August 11, 2017, 14:40 (2599 days ago) @ uncowboy

NEW JERSEY produce

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, August 12, 2017, 19:48 (2597 days ago) @ uncowboy

It is the 'Garden State'; right? Good to hear it's not all big cities and bad politics!!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Read John Mcphee's "The Pine Barrens"...

by pokynojoe, Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:47 (2597 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I think you'll discover that "jerzey" is more than "big cities and bad politics". Around about 40 years or so, i spent three months in the Pine Barrens, there are flora and fauna there that are found no where else in the world. It's one of the largest stands of coastal pine found anywhere.

RSS Feed of thread