Seems legit

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 08:59 (2651 days ago)

Going through email that built up over the past several days while yours truly was down in the Eastern Plains the following message came to light. Hmmm... what a chance to get rich quick! The email is as received, typos,etc and all.

DESK OF INSPECTION MANAGER.
United Nation Inspection Agency
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta

Dear Owner,

I am Robert Williams, Inspection Unit Manager United Nations Inspection Agency in Hartsfield Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 65lbs each.

The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.

By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more.They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 65lbs each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents.

Like I did say again, the shipper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages.

Sincerely,
Robert Williams

There must be enough idiots out there to make it worth their while to keep sending out junk...

Seems legit

by Big Six, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 10:47 (2651 days ago) @ Paul

I might be tempted to reply requesting that they contact me at the phone number furnished in order to get details as to how I could claim the boxes, associated fees etc.

I would then provide the number of your local FBI field office and tell them to give the details to one of your "work associates" if you did not answer personally.

the current trend in.....

by Ray L, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:05 (2651 days ago) @ Paul

phone phishing scams have the ability to somehow hack or otherwise cause a legitimate landline phone number to be displayed on the intended victim's caller i.d......the elderly are clearly the targets and my parents, in their dotage have fallen for it...hook, line and sinker several times.....we think we have them convinced not to believe any phone call, e-mail, of f.b. p.m but we thought that before several "oops" ago.....so far only a credit card "feeler" test charge of a few $ and the c.c. company fraud dept. contacted us first.....

not long ago a fellow church congregant and elderly widow thought she was contacted by her great grandson requesting bail-out money from the city jail.....a legitimate landline # for city hall came-up on the screen.....she gave the bank #s but thankfully it did not work......after investigation, the off-shore crooks had digitally pieced together the g.g. son's voice from recording several telemarketing calls to him and probably used a skilled voice impersonator to fill in the necessary words/phrases....granny thought his voice seemed oddly halting and robot-like but she said it was not unlike the poorly connected cell phone conversations that we are used to.....thankfully giving the bank #s does not always result in the feared disaster.....after all, everyone who you have ever written a check to has that same info.....

I get spoofed phone numbers that are the same as the area

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 18:33 (2650 days ago) @ Ray L

Code and the next three digits. Those 3 digits are different for my wife's phone and they do it to her too.

RSS Feed of thread