Ruger Old Army Values

by anachronism, Saturday, June 17, 2017, 22:52 (2653 days ago)

I'm trying to help a friend sell a couple of Unfired Ruger Old Army revolvers, and auction values are all over the place, and seem better representative of used guns that have been fired. I was hoping to get some advice here on how to price them. The owners aren't necessarily looking for a quick sale on these, and are willing to let them sit on the market for a little bit if necessary.

The first one is an early 7-1/2 inch stainless gun from the first year of SS production, 1975. It has a three digit S/N in the "300" range. It is unfired, but does show a "turn" line, and is in its original red & white box with what appears to be the original paperwork, the owners manual, warranty card, and the nipple wrench. Plus what appears to be the original plastic bag & some yellowed, white packing paper. The box shows wear, but is complete, and is marked on the side with the guns S/N in grease pencil as was Rugers procedure in the olden days.

The second one is a blued 7-1/2 inch gun from the second year of blued production, 1973. The S/N is in the range of "140-9900". It also is unfired, and in it's original box, which is yellow, with a removable lid (never seen one of those before). Otherwise it is pretty much the same story as the first one as far as paperwork and the manner in which the box is marked.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Ruger Old Army Values

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Sunday, June 18, 2017, 06:55 (2653 days ago) @ anachronism

Nice! , I have and shoot a few old army`s (Great fun) They don`t make them anymore and no spare parts either, I would think the SS old army would bring about $800.00 or so the blued old army $6-700.00. I would love to find a SS old army in great shape for 500.00 . But I would like to win the lottery to. Just my 2 cents. :-D

Yes, sadly for those who would like to buy them, those

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, June 18, 2017, 08:28 (2653 days ago) @ Fivegunner

prices are in line with actual sales.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Much appreciated!!

by anachronism, Sunday, June 18, 2017, 22:07 (2652 days ago) @ anachronism

I need to see what they want to do next, I think they were hoping they'd go a little higher, but since I haven't even listed them anywhere yet, how could they?

You never know until you try.

Speaking of Old Armys...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 19, 2017, 11:52 (2652 days ago) @ anachronism

[image][image] I traded into this 5" engraved and added the Sack Peterson Elk Stags.
[image][image]
A friend cast both of these in aluminum for future holster making...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Rob could you post one of your old armys in

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, June 19, 2017, 15:01 (2652 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

One of you #120 holster`s Please.:-D

I haven't built one for an Old Army... yet. But I will

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 19, 2017, 16:00 (2652 days ago) @ Fivegunner

post when we do that.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Here's one...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 10:52 (2651 days ago) @ anachronism

RSS Feed of thread