Anyone interested in a .270 Husky?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, June 16, 2017, 09:51 (2655 days ago)

A fella I know from the the DoubleGunShop was asking me about a Husky rifle. He didn't know which model it was nor what it might be worth. I'm pretty sure I correctly identified it as a 1640 (Husky's "improved" '98 action) and the scope appears to be an El Paso Weaver, probably 4 power. As for worth, I told him they sit in racks here for a long time with a price tag of $500. Another fella thought it would fetch about $400 in his neighborhood.

He then contacted me via private message and asked if I were interested. I am but can't swing any deals at this time so I asked him if he'd like me to ask around (hence the post). He agreed and told me he didn't have much into it but didn't name a price.

Anyway, it's a nice looking rifle and I can put you in contact if interested.

Pictures and posting here => http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=482502#Post4...

Anyone interested in a .270 Husky?

by cubrock, Friday, June 16, 2017, 10:43 (2655 days ago) @ Hoot

That is a good looking rifle. I agree with $400-$500ish. They are fantastic guns for the money.

Great rifles...

by Bri A, Saturday, June 17, 2017, 17:36 (2654 days ago) @ Hoot

My Grandfather gave me an '06 Husky with a Mannlicher stock when I was 16, after killing my first whitetail with it. He took the buttplate off right there in the field and wrote my name under it. I have killed most of my deer with that rifle and it has never failed me and will consistently shoot within an inch at 100 yards.

I am in no position to go after another piece currently, but at under $500, someone will probably get a wonderful rifle.

RSS Feed of thread