Bad day for me

by uncowboy, Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 15:18 (2658 days ago)

Have a heat wave going on here in the east. Jumped on the BMW R1100S and blasted to work at 1 am. Got out late high humidity and no air I worked to the end of my shift in a back up 1984 F 250 without air or power windows. Get done my 8 hr work day get on my blaster 38 miles from home and the fuel light is on. OK thought I had more miles but didn't. No worries filled up at the end of the block and took off like a bat out of hell and had a bad steer???? Flat rear tire . Shit! Have patch kit Tire chargers nothing worked Walked bike to sears and then to Good year no one would touch it' thank you 2017. Parked bike hitched a ride home Went 13 miles to tailor and relied I forgot the hitch?? Back home got the hitch Traveled 16 miles to my tailor and hitched it up. Got the bike on and took a very slow ride home . Tire shop would not remove tire so I am working on the bike on the tailor and got it off. Fixed and I re assembled it and went home . Bike on tailor I can't take off alone. 16 hr into my day and really accomplished nothing! J.Michael

Bad day for me

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 19:24 (2657 days ago) @ uncowboy

Wow! Sorry to hear about that. The result of a sue happy nation is that no one wants to risk their neck for a few bucks and a LOT of liability. You should see the outfits that work on bikes down here... :-|

Bad day for me

by MR, Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 23:04 (2657 days ago) @ uncowboy

Somedays, the best thing you can do is survive and wait for a better day.

I feel your pain

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 14:05 (2657 days ago) @ uncowboy

I have had days like that, sometimes I think God likes to test a person . as in your case I think you passed. I wish you the best and will put you in my Prayer`s.:-D :usa:

I took out a deer doing 70 mph on the interstate Monday

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 16:32 (2657 days ago) @ uncowboy

Fortunately I am ok but there is a good chance my older car with high mileage is totaled. Was not ready to be buying another vehicle. Collision place and insurance are haggling at the moment. I will say Subarus are tough vehicles! And I know somebody on here is going to comment about a deer doing 70 mph...

by Catoosa, Thursday, June 15, 2017, 21:55 (2655 days ago) @ stonewalrus

How'd you even catch up with that deer the way you drive, Tom?:-D

REAL expensive bullet and a whole lot of overkill...

by stonewalrus, Friday, June 16, 2017, 07:26 (2655 days ago) @ Catoosa

Nm

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, June 16, 2017, 14:07 (2655 days ago) @ stonewalrus

My little brother is a deer magnet. He's hit 5, including one that ran full tilt into the driver's side door pillar and broke its neck (a nice 7 point). It's getting to be a very expensive way to hunt.

This is my second with that car. Got the other one

by stonewalrus, Friday, June 16, 2017, 20:41 (2654 days ago) @ Remington40x

Around 5 years ago.

"Some days you catch the bus. Some days you miss the bus.

by cas, Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 18:44 (2656 days ago) @ uncowboy

Some days the bus runs you over."

Hate this for you........nt

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, June 16, 2017, 20:59 (2654 days ago) @ uncowboy

RSS Feed of thread