Interesting and rare rifles tonight...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Tuesday, May 09, 2017, 22:44 (2692 days ago)

I recently met an older gentleman whose family has been collecting guns for 3 generations. I got to see some rare items and some I had never seen before...many variations of rook rifles, single shot variations and martinis and I took a few photos.

BSA RCMP rimfire training rifle
[image]

BSA International MK V with original sights...very scarce in the US
[image]

Kerner parlor rifle with double set triggers...shoots CB caps...but regulated with multiple leaf sights (how long could a beer hall be?)...it felt alive in my hands...the machining for the full integral rib was impressive and the beautifully inletted buffalo horn trigger guard was incredible
[image]
[image]

Here's the Greener 310 rook rifle and Vickers Jubilee Martini that I picked up from him...
[image]

more rook and boys rifles...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Tuesday, May 09, 2017, 23:06 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Al Freeland sold those BSA Internatioal smallbore rifles in.

by WIL TERRY, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 11:00 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

The USA.
I have his rifle box made for THAT rifle. They shot beautifully but really handled klunky, in my hands anyways.

And so it goes..

Is that rifle box being used or is it available? NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 13:03 (2692 days ago) @ WIL TERRY

-

Interesting and rare rifles tonight...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 04:36 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

Some very neat rifles!!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Cool beans!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 06:39 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

We, and by that I mean "I", need to see more of that Greener rook rifle. Please?

Definitely. I know that photo wasn't great...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 07:14 (2692 days ago) @ Hoot

I need to photograph it later today. I will post it here. I've wanted one for a long time. The seller had owned his for over 20 years. I don't see them trading hands frequently. His buddy has a takedown Greener rimfire version. I would really like to get that one eventually.

Few quick photos...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 21:18 (2691 days ago) @ Bryan

excuse the quality...I was in a hurry in bad light. I need to show you the top of barrel. Very interesting machine work.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Very nice.... Chris would be proud!!!!

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:56 (2691 days ago) @ Bryan

nt

I was thinking of Chris...love his collection. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:59 (2691 days ago) @ JD

-

Let me know what you want to see and I will get it. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 21:22 (2691 days ago) @ Hoot

-

So far, so good. Thanks!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 07:22 (2691 days ago) @ Bryan

VERY neat rifle. It's what my Martini wants to be when it grows up. ;-)

If you get time and the inclination, any sort of detail pictures would be appreciated.

Got a few more quick ones...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 08:30 (2691 days ago) @ Hoot

It's not a mint gun but the condition is pretty reasonable for being over 100 years old. I like it a lot. See the barrel flat treatment between the action and rear sight? Love that.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Some wonderful craftsmanship...

by Bri A, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 10:46 (2691 days ago) @ Bryan

exhibited by those. Just wonderful what you used to get for your dollar.

Yes, the craftsmanship has really changed...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 14:59 (2691 days ago) @ Bri A

and I get that for a lot of reasons. However, we've lost something in the process.

I guess it just depends...

by Bri A, Friday, May 12, 2017, 03:31 (2690 days ago) @ Bryan

On what you are willing to pay. In these days of floating currency values and inflation, if you want to pay for quality it can still be found for about the same relative prices as it has always been, at least if you compare it to the value of gold. I just wish my wages were able to keep pace with the value of gold, but I am still working for the same wages as I did 25 years ago.

Thanks Bryan!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, May 12, 2017, 06:22 (2690 days ago) @ Bryan

Yep, a neat rifle for sure. I love the little details like the checkering on the lever. Nice touches.

Very nice!

by Otony, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 07:14 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

How fortunate to have the chance to see those.

Otony

Yes, that's exactly how I felt Tony. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 13:03 (2692 days ago) @ Otony

-

Wowzer!

by Bri A, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 08:28 (2692 days ago) @ Bryan

Those are very cool! I love going to gun shows to see all the neat toys and have always been fascinated with Martini's. Have never owned or even fired one, but they sure look like fun and are historically very significant.

Agreed. I'm happy to get the Greener to go with my Cadets.

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 13:04 (2692 days ago) @ Bri A

-

Vickers Jubilee photo...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 21:31 (2691 days ago) @ Bryan

found this photo...need to take some more later. The Vickers Martinis are pretty interesting. One piece integral action and barrel...machined together. That can't be easy to do. Awesome triggers. This one needs a replacement buttpad and to have the lacquer finish stripped and taken back to oil finish. Neat Martini. The original sights are not easy to come by so I'm pleased to have the correct setup.

[image]

RSS Feed of thread