ATF changes it's mind, again... SIG brace is now Okay...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 09:42 (2706 days ago)

time to trash the NFA and ATF.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I disagree. If the ATF is disbanded, this falls to the FBI

by John K., Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12:47 (2706 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

and they are politically owned by the left.

I have had zero issues with the ATF, personally.

The current fiasco with the HPA is really hurting the silencer manufacturing industry because no one is buying. Manufacturers are laying off, distributors are sending daily emails to dealers with all kinds of special offers, but the customers are "waiting to see what happens".

One gigantic charlie-fox right now with no end in sight.

Congress needs to make the laws and regs. If that power

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 13:06 (2706 days ago) @ John K.

was removed from ATF, and the entire NFA done away with, I'd be fine.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

NFA '34 has been obsolete for many years

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 21:51 (2705 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

This latest is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

Look at the
AK and AR-15 pistols vs rifles
Remington XP-100 pistol vs M600 rifle
Ruger Challenger pistol vs 10-22 rifle
Thompson Center Contender and Encore convertible Rifle/Pistol 'kits'.
Mossberg Shockwave
Henry Mare's Laig pistol

Under the NFA laws and ATF regulations, the sequence, merely the order that the parts were put together, plus the use of a very few distinct parts like these arm braces, makes them either fall under NFA restrictions...or not.

If it wasn't about guns, which the proggies absolutely hate to see in the hands of the 'riff-raff' (that's us), any other product that had this set of illogical laws governing it's manufacture or possession would've been repealed decades ago.

RSS Feed of thread