Any experience with Vickers Martini rifles?

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 21:48 (2707 days ago)

I'm being offered a trade on a Vickers Jubilee. Pretty interesting target rimfire. The action and barrel are machined as one piece...no barrel threads. No headspace issues. Really elegant trigger design. Pre-war quality. Match grade accuracy with rugged reliability (can't say that about most target rifles).

Any experience with them?

Any experience with Vickers Martini rifles?

by Otony, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 05:55 (2706 days ago) @ Bryan

I've had one, and regret selling it. You've pretty much described it to a T. Elegant design, carefully constructed.

Most British club rifles have seen a LOT of use. Stocks are often much modified and patched up. If it is missing the peep sight, or parts thereof, it is virtually impossible to source parts here.

Simple to restock, you basically rout an appropriately sized groove into your blank and inlet for the trigger. Then cut away everything that doesn't look like a stock.

Sure wish I had kept mine. It had the peep and front sight intact, but was in a truly slaughtered stock. I just didn't have the patience to restock it at the time.

Otony

the one I'm considering is complete...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 06:20 (2706 days ago) @ Otony

Original Parker Hale double aperture sights and clean. Bore is strong and bright. No issues other than a worn butt pad.

I'm considering taking it.

No in-hand experience Bryan.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 06:10 (2706 days ago) @ Bryan

But, just ran into this a few days back => http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441244#Post4...

And, in that discussion is a link to here => http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Vickers_Martini_rifles.htm

Prior to that, I never knew they existed!

thx Hoot. I didn't have the first link. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 06:16 (2706 days ago) @ Hoot

-

How much? Sounds like it might be at the top of the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 07:16 (2706 days ago) @ Bryan

price range or about $750.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Actually less and it's a partial trade....

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 08:01 (2706 days ago) @ Hobie

For one of my guns. I'm going to take a look at it next week.

You need to look at Ashly's Martini Henry London Club con

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 08:16 (2706 days ago) @ Bryan

version. Full Sized Martini Henry lined to .22rl. Roger C, Jared S. Ashly & I were shooting it in Raton... Heavy accurate rifle.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That was last year?

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:16 (2706 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I didn't see or hear about that and I spent the whole week with you, Jim Taylor, Roger and Jared.

2 years ago nt

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 14:37 (2706 days ago) @ Bryan

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That makes more sense. Thx. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 21:14 (2706 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

-

RSS Feed of thread