Time flies when you are having fun...

by Byron, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 07:49 (2727 days ago)

The twins will graduate from high school in 60 days and move on with their own lives and adventures.

The boy will go off to college (VMI) on a ROTC scholarship and the girl to a US Army MOS of 68 Whiskey Option 4 (Airborne Combat Medic).

It will then be the first time in 30 years with no kids in the house. No really sure how I feel about it...

Lucky for the girl that she takes after her mother instead of me. Isn't she something?

[image]

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 08:31 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

I answer to your question...Yes. Look at it this way, all your efforts with the twins has been to prepare them for life, they are following your lead by participating in life. So many today don't seem to have any idea how to do that.

by Robb Barnes, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 08:32 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

That message right there is enough to make any parent proud Byron. Tell your twins thank you for choosing a life of service to others. Better have taught that young lady some self defense skills, she will get tired of fighting the guys off!

Great post, Byron. So happy to read this...

by matt/pa @, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 10:22 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

for you and your family.

Congratulations, you must be a proud dad!!

Matt

Thank you...

by Bri A, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 12:02 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

For raising young people with such dedication to others. Such are the very best among us. I sincerely hope that young lady has all the tools she needs to protect herself from all the attention she will receive. Once they are away from home, it is going to be a whole new world to negotiate.

makes me feel old!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 18:23 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

Dang, Byron, I remember you posting pics of your kids when they were, well, kids! She is a beauty inside as well as outside, I'm sure! You and your wife have done a wonderful job of raising all of your kids. You have lots to be proud of!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

When the daughter gets a few years in

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 22:25 (2727 days ago) @ Byron

and makes E-5, tell her that there's a unit I know of that, since she'll be airborne qualified, she'll like to try for.

A bitter sweet big transition

by Charles, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 11:02 (2726 days ago) @ Byron

This is a wonderful time, but a very hard time for parents. We prepare out children for this, but when they fly away it leave an empty spot in our hearts. My prayers for all in this joyful but hard time of transition.

May God bless you and yours, you have certainly earned it

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, April 06, 2017, 23:06 (2726 days ago) @ Byron

whatever the plan might be.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by DiamondD, Friday, April 07, 2017, 03:17 (2725 days ago) @ Byron

God bless you and yours Byron. And yes she is something.

Dean

RSS Feed of thread