CSA

by Murphy @, Sunday, April 02, 2017, 15:38 (2730 days ago)

Sadly, I'm not going to be there this year.

My mother passed away on the 22nd of March. She had been in a nursing home with Alzheimer's and dementia for the past 4-5 years. To worsen matters, the day we laid her to rest later that evening I lost an uncle. He was a WWII Veteran and a fine gentleman. It didn't help any when one of my dearest friends of 45+ years (who is a minister and did my mothers service), lost his mother the following morning.

To say the least, I'm feeling empty, ill prepared, and in general a bit depressed. CSA is one of the best times of the year for me. The fellowship I have found there, beats none I've ever experienced. I've told my friends if ever there was a place I would leave where I currently live, it would be to head to Clarksville, Arkansas. I know there will be several attending I've not met and was hoping to, but it just isn't in the cards this year.

On a brighter note, I've checked the weather forecast for next weekend and it looks like great weather for CSA. So send a few down range for Ole' Murphy. I'll be there in spirit and may God bless each of you.

Murphy

Sorry to hear you won't be there...you will be missed...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, April 02, 2017, 15:43 (2730 days ago) @ Murphy

and sorry to hear about those who have passed on. That's a lot of change in a short period.

CSA

by Catoosa, Monday, April 03, 2017, 09:25 (2729 days ago) @ Murphy

Murphy, I am saddened to hear of the upheavals and losses that have come to you. As is usual with things like that, "when troubles come, they come not single spies, but in battalions." Please know that we are all thinking of you and asking the Lord's grace for you and yours.

We will miss your big grin this year and I for one will make a bunch of loud noises in your honor!

Blessings on you, my friend.

Catoosa

Murphy, so sorry to hear of your trials.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 10:21 (2728 days ago) @ Murphy

You will be missed my friend. I may just have to pack an S&W .357 just in your honor.

CSA

by cr., Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 21:43 (2728 days ago) @ Murphy

I am sorry for your loss.

RSS Feed of thread