"soft" practice

by Alfred John, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 09:14 (4370 days ago) @ Byron

Just a bit different take on the airsoft guns. We had a guy who used to live in my subdivision and primarily worked Flea Markets. He got a bunch of assorted Air Soft guns which looked very real except for the orange tips. He started selling them to the young kids in the subdivision and they had some good fun with them. I would watch them moving ambushing and so on. One thing I noticed was a number of the kids were actually practicing good marksmanship during their play. A number of other kids were playing like you see in some action movies, all could really miss and while Mel Gibson and others looked cool these kids couldn't really hit much. The first group were quite good. Anyway it kept increasing in activity from day to day, mainly after school and on weekends. Some one eventually called the Sheriff's office and a couple of deputies showed up. They seemed to talk with kids for some time, then required they dump their ammo on the street and put the airssoft guns away. Which the kids did. The guy selling them made some good money on the sale of the air shoft guns and selling a lot of ammo. This all pretty much ended the neighborhood daily wars. Just something I thought I would mention. These might be a viable way to start young shooters, under supervision proper handling tactics. Just Saying. The Jerk did move out a bit later BTW. ATB

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread