Thank You Gentlemen,

by Drago, Sunday, May 20, 2012, 01:49 (4370 days ago) @ Byron

I asked about putting a Smith Enterprises "Good Iron" muzzle brake on a Ruger Scout Rifle. The barrel is already threaded 5/8"X24 and has a Mini 14/30 type flash supressor. The reply from a fellow calling himself "Big Bore Lover" was:

"Why put a Muzzle Brake on a bolt action rifle? Is it the incredibly deadly recoil of the 308 cartridge? That awful muzzle rise that keeps you off target on the next Zombie?

Gimme a break. If you want to reduce muzzle flash fine, put a damn flash hider on it. Oh wait, it already has one.

Dohhhhhhhh"

A bit farther on:

"They work quite nicely on full auto items. There still is no need for them on a bolt gun unless the shooter is a wimp. Muzzle rise on a bolt gun in 308 is not enough that it matters. If you want one, buy it."

There wers also a couple of PM's in which he addressed me as "Brucey" and carried on about "idiots" hanging gadgets on their bolt guns.

He sorta reminded me of the older crew cut loudmouth I saw once in a restaurant many years ago, who berated some poor little waitress because she brought"... the oatmeal before his bacon and eggs and what kind of idiot would do that!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread