Paul, What to do with Mac1 Secret Sauce?

by rob @, Friday, March 03, 2017, 14:51 (2760 days ago)

Seals and "Sauce" arrived today:)

Paul, What to do with Mac1 Secret Sauce?

by Paul ⌂, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:45 (2760 days ago) @ rob

When you rebuild, use the sauce to lube the appropriate parts. It doesn't take a lot. Periodic reapplication, IIRC about every 200-500 pellets or so. Or perhaps per time (like oil changes - which ever comes first) It's been a while since I checked on what it takes for a Benjamin. My Crosman gets it every few hundred. Just a couple drops on the felt wiper.

They sent me a new felt wiper...

by rob @, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:47 (2760 days ago) @ Paul

But I have no idea where it goes and I didn't find on in my gun at all. I replaced all the seals with no problem but it leaks air for the first three pumps until it has enough pressure to hold that little stem doohickey with the rubber seal tight enough against the air valve seat. But it works if I keep pumping to 10 or 11 pumps just fine and holds the air and hits hard again. I wouldn't think that rubber seal would need time to seat in so I'm not sure what's up. I did assemble everything back exactly like it came apart.

It's getting better with use...

by rob @, Friday, March 03, 2017, 19:47 (2760 days ago) @ rob

Not sure what's going on but as I pump it and shoot some plain air through it it seems to be improving. Seems to be getting the full charge with the appropriate 8 pumps now. If I let it sit a while the first few pumps leak a dab out, you can barely hear it. But if I pump it and shoot it a couple times, then the first pump holds. Could be the little white pellet looking check valve as well as the rubber seal on the rear. He sent a new one but it was shorter than my original. I tried it for grins but it didn't have enough spring pressure to seal so I put my longer one back in. Should be squirrel worthy now though and it may continue getting better with use and break in.

One last update...

by rob @, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 10:48 (2759 days ago) @ rob

I messaged Mac 1 and he responded right away. He said it probably has a small scratch (I would assume from the old stem and seal where the seal part was torn maybe making metallic contact). He said to polish it with 320 grit paper and it should fix it....said he does it on all his rebuilds and it will make it new. I may do that sometime later when I have the time, or just shoot it another 100,000 times and when I rebuild it again, then polish it:)

RSS Feed of thread