Where to buy a seal kit for Benjamin 397PA?

by rob @, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 17:45 (2766 days ago)

I had a link saved at one time and kept putting it off. I need to fix this rifle and I'm not sure where to go for parts. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated:)

Try This Place...

by ~JM~, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 18:28 (2766 days ago) @ rob

http://www.mac1airgun.com

Maybe they can help.

~JM~

JM's right, except...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 20:24 (2766 days ago) @ rob

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/Default.asp

That's his current store link. The other is an older "legacy" page.

Also, you can download the manuals from Benjamin Rifle Manuals

Many (all?) of the Benjamin spares can be purchased directly from Crosman as well - you'll have to call customer service with the part numbers you require. They charge a flat $4 service/mail fee for orders. Download the manual/exploded view diagram and get the list of parts you need before calling Crosman.

Another option is to send it to Timmy Mac at mac1airguns and have him rebuild it and put one of his "Steroid" kits in it. That'll boost it to a whole 'nother level of performance.

JM's right, except...

by uncowboy, Sunday, February 26, 2017, 07:22 (2765 days ago) @ Paul

I found the parts on Ebay the last time I needed them.

That's the place I had saved earlier....

by rob @, Sunday, February 26, 2017, 08:11 (2765 days ago) @ Paul

I would love to do the steroid kit but IIRC, you have to keep it pumped one or two pumps. There may be a long time that the rifle sits unused and forgotten and I wonder how well it will hold up in that case?

That's the place I had saved earlier....

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, February 26, 2017, 20:40 (2765 days ago) @ rob

ANY of the multi pump airguns should be stored with some air in the reservoir. That is one of the reasons they have troubles - folks put them away empty and that takes a toll on seals. They do better with some air in them than they ever do empty. Some folks have taken an old pumper out, cocked and dry fired it and found air in after years of storage. Just a drop or two of proper oil on the appropriate spots of the pumping mechanism and they're good to go. The steroid treatment makes a good gun an even better one. I'd have one if it wasn't practically impossible to get them imported here.

Interesting...

by rob @, Sunday, February 26, 2017, 22:58 (2765 days ago) @ Paul

I have a Crossman pump that I pulled out yesterday and it took some pumping before it would actually seal up and pump. I'll try leaving them stored with a couple pumps and see how they hold up. I have the kit ordered and on the way to fix my rifle and I may well try the steroid treatment later. It would definitely be fun to play with but the standard .177 Benjamin does a pretty good job with backyard pests as is.

I hope you included...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, February 27, 2017, 07:05 (2764 days ago) @ rob

some of his "secret sauce" lube. It's THE lube for pumpers - including the Crosmans.

Some of it comes with the kit...

by rob @, Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 05:29 (2763 days ago) @ Paul

I may order more.

A little goes a long way...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 08:10 (2763 days ago) @ rob

Over lubing can be almost as bad as not lubing enough. I was using a drop every CO2 cartridge in my 2240 - only to find it accumulated on the interior in an amazing way. Now I'm doing a drop every other cartridge.

RSS Feed of thread