Shot the Model 10 snub nose

by Scribe, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 07:52 (2770 days ago)

Folks:

The nickel, square-butt, faux pearl-stocked snubby is a nice shooter. Put 72 rounds downrange with it at 5 and 7 yards, SA and DA. Fired one of the tightest groups ever with it, but only one, alas. I use Claude Werner's target concept -- trace a CD with black marker and then fill in the hole in the middle with red. You can put 9 of them on the back of 25 yard pistol target. His version of "aim small, miss small," I guess. Only shot wadcutters.

Also test-fired the 9 mm 1911 which had the port lowered and flared so it would stop ejecting hot brass on my head, just 25 rounds of S&B 115 grain FMJ. Worked fine.

All in all, a nice Saturday morning of shooting.

Scribe

Sounds like a darn good day.... nm

by Brian A, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 20:37 (2770 days ago) @ Scribe

no text

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 12:04 (2769 days ago) @ Scribe

Sounds like fun - although I've a real hard time seeing the sights on the shorter barreled pistols anymore. But a day at the range is a blast, no doubt!

by John Meeker @, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 18:33 (2769 days ago) @ Scribe

Another un-appreciated gun by the "New Polymer Folks".... ;~`)

Big fan of steel and wood

by Scribe, Thursday, February 23, 2017, 06:50 (2768 days ago) @ John Meeker

Nickel-plated steel in one case, but steel nonetheless.

Scribe

There are other choices?!!?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, February 23, 2017, 07:12 (2768 days ago) @ Scribe

In the interest of full disclosure, there are a few synthetic/stainless items here. They are more tools than anything else. I like them for what they are. However the things that make the heart sing are walnut and blued steel (and, yes, on occasion nickel).

One thing that hasn't made it home with me is a short-barreled K-frame. I can't explain why. Yours sounds nice.

RSS Feed of thread