Super Redhawk

by Mark, Thursday, February 09, 2017, 16:07 (2782 days ago)

It has been awhile since I was in the market for a Super Redhawk. I was handling a new Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. When did Ruger change the front sight design? It now looks like it screws on. Also, when did Ruger change the front of the barrel to the much more recessed crown? The most pressing question, if you were in the market for a new or used Super Redhawk, would you care or would it matter if it was newer production gun (are the new guns any better for some reason)?
Thanks,
mark

Super Redhawk

by uncowboy, Friday, February 10, 2017, 08:47 (2781 days ago) @ Mark

I would measure the throats . If lock up is good and the throats all measure the same you should be all right.

Super Redhawk

by Mark, Friday, February 10, 2017, 13:59 (2781 days ago) @ uncowboy

Thank you

Super Redhawk Just Bought 454

by Gila Jorge, Saturday, February 18, 2017, 21:23 (2773 days ago) @ Mark

Just bought 454 SRH 7.5in barrel...slightly used but as new in box for 800...went out and shot it...and it is accurate as blazes....as are my Bisleys....really do love the 454 Bisley, 44mag and 41 mag Bisleys...thse are the most accurate revolvers I have had from Ruger....really like the sights on this SRH...old eyes can easily see them...will ne 71 this year and have diabetic retinopathy...so if I can shoot you should find it amazing...

Super Redhawk

by DiamondD, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 02:45 (2769 days ago) @ Mark

Not sure when they changed the front sight but I think it HAS to be a cost cutting measure. I have one of the older target grey RSRH in .480 Ruger. The easily interchangeable front sights are very nice. One of the reasons I bought this gun instead of a new stainless model was that change.

Super Redhawk

by Mark, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 06:09 (2769 days ago) @ Mark

Thanks again everyone. The gun is still available but maybe the time is just not right. Of course, it could be that there is 454 Bisley available from the local pusher!

RSS Feed of thread