Old Lawrence for a "N Frame

by Robb Barnes, Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 15:38 (2790 days ago)

I found this old jockstrap style Lawrence holster the other day and had to grab it. Now the question is can the AZ resident leather master make a belt that is carved in a similar manner?
[image]

Very cool!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 16:09 (2790 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

I'm not a huge fan of the Jock Strap style but that is awesome! Love some good old school carving.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Old Lawrence for a "N Frame Rick Gittlein can do that

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 18:33 (2790 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

very nice!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I had one of Ed mcGivern's Sam Myers Texas Jock Strap

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 18:35 (2790 days ago) @ Slow Hand

holsters. Sold it to help fund the start up of Simply Rugged Holsters

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Very cool!

by Catoosa, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 11:11 (2789 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Nor am I, but that is just beautiful. A classic old rig.

So Classic...it makes me want to dig out old gun books,

by John Meeker @, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 18:24 (2789 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

and read "in the era", when it was 'the latest'....good for the heart, to just to see it...

Old Lawrence for a "N Frame

by Big Six, Friday, February 03, 2017, 09:35 (2788 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

That is a gorgeous holster.

I never particularly liked the style but for some reason that one appeals to me greatly.

I have an original Roy Baker Pancake that I bought new before I was married (sometime well prior to 1976) that was used with a Colt Trooper and would like to post a pic but am technically challenged (read too ignorant to post a photo).

I sized the holster to accommodate a Ruger New Vaquero (which I no longer have) and the holster now resides in the drawer with its younger friends.

I'll bet that old Lawrence is not available to an old man who loves N frames is it?

Posting Pics

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, February 04, 2017, 09:48 (2787 days ago) @ Big Six

If you can email it to [image] I'd be glad to post it for you.

RSS Feed of thread