AWA "Peacekeepers" I spotted a pair of em

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:01 (2799 days ago)

3.5" barrels Anyone have any experience with them? these both seen crisp and smooth.
Also a 7.5 USFA and a Navy Arms Schofield in 45 Colt. all 45 colt

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by ~JM~, Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:13 (2799 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Tom Sargis used to have a write up about the AWA Peacekeepers on his site: http://www.bozemantrailarms.com

I wasn't able to find it again, but it described one problem.

Draw the hammer back to the full cocked position & then watch it closely as you slowly squeeze the trigger. Often the hammer will move backward just a bit before it falls.

That's about all that I can recall about them.

Good luck
~JM~

Tell me about the USFA and Schofield?

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:31 (2799 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

What model USFA? What length Schofield? I might be interested.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, January 23, 2017, 19:51 (2799 days ago) @ ~JM~

That would mean the sear surfaces on the trigger and/or hammer are cut at the wrong angle; wouldn't it?

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

I Believe So...

by ~JM~, Monday, January 23, 2017, 20:00 (2799 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Many of the AWA guns had a factory "action job" performed.

~JM~

by ersisk @, Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:14 (2799 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Bought a new in box AWA 45 Colt on-line several years back. Real color case hardening and forged frame. Cylinder fit was way sloppy. I installed a new cylinder bushing and bolt, fitted to minimum tolerances and a Wolf wire bolt/trigger spring. It is now an excellent shooter. So my AWA could have used much better factory QC but was not unfixable. I have a plain mat finish USFA 38 special that is factory tight and right even with several thousand wad cutters down range. Just my experience with one exemplar of each brand.

USFA single-action? Seem to be doing very well on

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, January 23, 2017, 21:54 (2799 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

GunBroker. Box and bag? Sleeve? I would say that most seem to be in very good or better condition because most people really take care of them. CCH and dome blue guns seem to be getting about $2000 or more . They really are wonderful guns, even the Rodeo you sold me is absolutely wonderful!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

These have great actions... outstandingly crisp.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 23, 2017, 23:20 (2799 days ago) @ ~JM~

and the colors... they really caught my eye... I will check the hammer.

--

Thank you gentleman!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 23, 2017, 23:24 (2799 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have what I need.

--

Late to the party Rob but...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 04:59 (2798 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have a Peacekeeper in .45 Colt, 4-1/2" barrel with the "factory tune" work. It is an extremely smooth pistol and a looker as well. I have noted zero problems with it and it seems to shoot at least middlin' well with 250gr RN over 8.5gr of Unique. (I say 'middlin' due to the operator mostly.)

Also late but

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 08:28 (2798 days ago) @ Hoot

I have a pair of 7.5" AWA. Both are great guns and fit great. No cyl ring after many rounds, beautiful CC.

RSS Feed of thread